• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    makes you wonder who reported this and why. Could be full libotard in panic mode, but also could be someone getting back at an ex, someone testing police response, or any one of a handful of other reasons i could think of.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    People are nervous. Cops are jumpy.Security people get lectures every morning on what to look for.
    You are just asking for trouble going into a National monument wearing full camo.
    Duh.

Only thing worse would have been someone dressed like a Muslim and carrying an Umbrella wrapped in brown paper (just bought it in a nearby store and had it gift wrapped)

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    Whew!!!
    I got out of PA just in time!
    Good thing thing I moved to a state where I can be safe by ccw... Oh wait I can't do that here.
    Well, at least I can buy a firearm easier here... oh crap, I can't do that either!
    Can I at least buy ammo if I were to ever get a gun? Not right now...

Well, what the heck can I do to be safe down here in MD?!?!?!?!!?!?!??

Brian

----------------------------------

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” – Thomas Jefferson

Cannons are legal... I've seen some for sale at antique shops on the eastern shore...

-t

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    What about hidden pockets? They're OK, right?

CCP (Concealed Carry Pocket), well, I think you would need a police report or three to demonstrate you are in risk of imminent harm and wait 8 months to a year to get a permit for those...

Which would be most likely declined...

-t

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Well I once saw a guy tuck a polo shirt into some jungle bdus, it was pretty offensive.

But seriously, military members never visit the bell in ACU's/ABU's?

You want to see scary?

There is a fella around here with a pink popped collar and crabby shorts!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    well good thing they don't come around here....prob 1 in 5 wear camo something or the other...guess when they ban that...we will have to hunt in polo shirt and black kaki's:sad20:oh wait white polo, light blue kaki's

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Smart go after the guy in camo, while the "normally" dressed guy is doing the 5 finger discount or something worse..

milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ious-person-near-independence-visitor-center/

The Scary Looking Clothing Act of 2013

Summary: A "feel good" bill to criminalize scaring the sheeple by ones wardrobe choice.

Definitions: A scary looking garment is defined as a shirt, pants, jacket or T-shirt that might reasonably be expected to alarm a sheeple.
    These include garmets that:
    1) are in a cammo pattern
    2) are in SWAT black
    3) contain a un-PC message or logo, for example "NRA".

Garments are restricted individually if they contain more than any two of the following characteristics:
    1) more than 4 pockets
    2) more than 2 reinforced sections, generally elbows, shoulders, butt, knees, etc.
    3) Draw strings around ankles or wrists.
    4) embedded or attachable hoodie
    5) velcro to attach patches.

If more than one garment is worn at the same time, the number of characteristics for all items is increased to 3.

The wearing of any of the above mentioned garments in combination with any of the following is banned:
    1) tactical boots or any heavy boot
    2) a military style belt
    3) any form of mask

-t

Thankfully my black long sleeved MD Shooters shirt just came in. Along with my rural country bumpkin high capacity Wrangler cargo pants, it'll be grandfathered in when the law goes into effect.

Now I just need to rip off some newb on GoneBroker by selling my Blackhawk tacticool pnats for obscene prices.:D

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Fools, I say.

The guy should have been wearing his sister's jeans with a tight T-shirt, I guess.

These urbanites, this wussification is baffling. It's make people rethink who they even choose to speak too on a daily basis.

A typical hunter wakes up some days - leaves his house at 3 am. When he arrives at a Parking lot many miles from his home he sees a guy dressed in Camo with a rifle or 12 ga. Shotgun - in the dark.

It's 4am and he approaches the stranger with the loaded gun.

"Which way are you headed?"

All the while, Metrosexuals are at home. They fool their wives to make them believe they are tough. By 9am the Metrosexual is at a coffee house reading the New York Times sipping on a $10 coffee and snack.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I noticed in the pictures of the Boston Bombing some of the first people to help were in full camo. PC run amok!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Fools, I say.

The guy should have been wearing his sister's jeans with a tight T-shirt, I guess.

These urbanites, this wussification is baffling. It's make people rethink who they even choose to speak too on a daily basis.

A typical hunter wakes up some days - leaves his house at 3 am. When he arrives at a Parking lot many miles from his home he sees a guy dressed in Camo with a rifle or 12 ga. Shotgun - in the dark.

All the while, Metrosexuals are at home. They fool their wives to make them believe they are tough. By 9am the Metrosexual is at a coffee house reading the New York Times sipping on a $10 coffee and snack.

:lol2::lol2: but very:sad20:

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Fools, I say.

Yeah, but he doesn't go visit a National Monument at 4AM with a loaded gun.....Just sayin..:sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    "Nothing dangerous was found, but the man was taken into custody for questioning. No charges have been filed.

“Obviously, it’s the Visitor’s Center, Independence Mall,” McGarrey said. “We’re going to take every precaution necessary.”"

Visitor's Center, Independence Mall . . . anyone spot irony there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom