• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Testifying now is a rabid anti-gun activist from the Eastern Shore who I confronted back in September about carrying a knife into the library where MPGV was meeting. At the time I and some others were crashing the MPGV meeting.

He told me to eff off back in September. smh

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Johns Hopkins doctor just testified that the presence of CCW citizens on campus does not reduce or prevent violence.

Our MSI Prez stirred visibly.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Shannon Alford, NRA-ILA rep up with MSI President Mark Pennak.

Attachments

• IMG_6634.jpg
      IMG_6634.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 102
    Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Explaining how the Barnes bill provides for 3 year sentence that, even if the full sentence not given, the Federal law commands loss of 2A rights

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Mark Pennak, MSI President up.

He complains that this law lacks a mens rea component --legalese for specifying that there must be INTENT to violate the proposed law--so as not to ensnare MD citizens transporting firearms with no nefarious purpose.

Pennak: Innocent possession vs a patchwork of property across MD including farm property and college owned homes-- previously private--that would be deemed prohibited is a trap to every MD gun owner.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Pennak testifies about extremely stringent requirements for those who obtain a MD wear & carry permit for friendly legislator drawing out why W&C holders are safe.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Barnes challenging Pennak on whether gun free zones work because Pennak suggested that gun free zones act to reduce gun numbers on campus

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Dan Blasberg lecturing committee that this law creates unarmed victims with LE at least 4 minutes away. Notes UM PD now patrolling neighborhoods and are farther away.

Delegate refutes says 911 response is about a minute. (Not credible)

Attachments

• IMG_6635.jpg
      IMG_6635.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 108
    Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Blasberg notes he is a vendor to UMPD and will detour to lock up a firearm to observe the gun-free zone but a misunderstanding results in a conviction that strips 2A rights.

He notes that others who legally carry might run afoul of this law by being unaware.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Blasberg notes he is a vendor to UMPD and will detour to lick up a firearm to observe the gun-free zone but a misunderstanding results in a conviction that strips 2A rights.

He notes that others who legally carry might run afoul of this law by being unaware.

Tell them that Loyola University is split by Charles St. Also in the city, response time is more than 5 minutes.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Female delegate who says she was a domestic violence advocate declares no abused women should be given a gun for protection.

Blasberg challenges that generality as not supported in studies that he is aware of.

Unfortunately, the hearing ended on a gleeful note for the gun hater Chairwoman of the committee when Barnes elicited the admission that the law would be included in instruction to W&C permits holders, thus lessening the chance that a W&C permit holder would "stumble" into a conviction. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom