• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I understand...Just pointing out you don't have to point a gun at someone to be charged with a crime in this f#$ked up state... I guess I should of clarified my post better...
    Yup.

Its their words against yours. Hense I have camera at my front door. :innocent:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I really don't think this one is a "he said. She said" type of "incident" considering the guy answered the door nearly the same way as he did with the delivery guy, albeit he may not have been "pointing" his long arm at a peace officer the second go around.

Some of the tinfoil is on tight, some people in this thread believe you will be arrested/charged if a passer by phones in "man with a gun" while you mow your lawn innocently? No detail's, description, but based on the fact you may own a firearm?

What if the guy answered the door with clothes on, and no long arm in hand? How far would the "investigation" gone, which at that point is a he said/she said?

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    I really don't think this one is a "he said. She said" type of "incident" considering the guy answered the door nearly the same way as he did with the delivery guy, albeit he may not have been "pointing" his long arm at a peace officer the second go around.

Some of the tinfoil is on tight, some people in this thread believe you will be arrested/charged if a passer by phones in "man with a gun" while you mow your lawn innocently? No detail's, description, but based on the fact you may own a firearm?

What if the guy answered the door with clothes on, and no long arm in hand? How far would the "investigation" gone, which at that point is a he said/she said?

Well, what it you get in an argument with a neighbor (who knows you have firearms) and decides to call the polices and tells them you pointed a gun at him?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's what I want to know, basically that's not really relevant to the OP though as whatever the suspect already said, and what he did. Just going off what's reported though

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I was on a jury for a case where a guy pointed a rifle at some people. The law says that is felony assault. We found him guilty and I heard he got a total of 5 years. Had I known you could get 5 years for it (the public defender sucked and never brought it up) I would have done some jury nullification I think.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I was on a jury for a case where a guy pointed a rifle at some people. The law says that is felony assault. We found him guilty and I heard he got a total of 5 years. Had I known you could get 5 years for it (the public defender sucked and never brought it up) I would have done some jury nullification I think.

Why did he point a rifle at someone else ? What other charges did he get ? 5 years sounds about right.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    What ever happened to the burden of proof is on the accuser?
    I thought You are allowed to carry a gun on your property for protection in MD but not allowed to carry off your property. Mds version of the castle laws.

It has gotten to the point that all this is going out the window?

I tell you what, you come knocking on my door at 10 pm and see how I come to the door. As for his IP address wording a pizza. How do they know someone didn't sit in his yard and hack into his WiFi. And order it just to harras him.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Why did he point a rifle at someone else ? What other charges did he get ? 5 years sounds about right.

There was some sort of party and an altercation occurred. He was a troubled teenager. No one got hurt and he did not discharge the firearm. Originally over 20 charges including animal cruelty. We found guilty on about 11 including the 3 pointing gun related charges.

We found out later than one of the "victims" was a friend of the prosecutor. I think they threw the book at him for this fact. Again, not brought up by his public defender.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Except that Domino's logs the IP address for online orders, granted, someone could've spoofed it, but it's on record with Domino's that an order was placed from his IP address.

Not hard at all to spoof an IP address. They will need to do a little more work to be certain.

What ever happened to the burden of proof is on the accuser?
    I thought You are allowed to carry a gun on your property for protection in MD but not allowed to carry off your property. Mds version of the castle laws.

It has gotten to the point that all this is going out the window?

I tell you what, you come knocking on my door at 10 pm and see how I come to the door. As for his IP address wording a pizza. How do they know someone didn't sit in his yard and hack into his WiFi. And order it just to harras him.

I don't read where anyone looked up his IP address. For all we know when they arrested him he might have still had the Dominos page up, had a printout of the order, the list goes on...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A question for the class:

What would you do if someone pointed a rifle at you?
    A. Shoot them first
    B. Turn and run away
    C. Stare at them is disbelief

Second Question:
    Now that you're the one looking down the wrong end of the barrel, is it assault or not?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    D. I think in this situation my first thought would be "This guy is an *******".

A question for the class:

What would you do if someone pointed a rifle at you?
    A. Shoot them first
    B. Turn and run away
    C. Stare at them is disbelief

Second Question:
    Now that you're the one looking down the wrong end of the barrel, is it assault or not?

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Looking at it from the other perspective,
    --some minimal wage earning pizza delivery guy trying to make an honest buck gets the sh1t scared out of him by some wacko who forgot he ordered a pizza 30-40 minutes ago because he was high on something.
    If you're that afraid of the door why open it ?

Kiev88cm

KB3ZKX
    Sep 24, 2009
    I wanna know why the police aren't doing their job. There was NO mention of the police shooting his dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom