• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I don't know if I should have made a thread about this, but I didn't know how else to go about it- I just wanted to get this out to the community:

Duffy's may be out in the styx a bit, but I am not kidding when I say it is the best gun shop I have ever frequented.

I recently did a couple transactions with the folks there, Vince in particular, and I just wanted to share my experience, as it has been frankly incredible.

First off I bombarded him with like a million private messages, and he responded to every single one quickly and efficiently with the answers I needed, and he was more than willing to work with me on all issues of transfer, pricing, mag issues, product issues and resolution (of which there have not been any, but he was willing to allay my fears) etc.

I am not joking when I say I must have sent him like 55 emails just on this last group of transactions, and he responded to every single one.

Not only that, but to make sure that I could shoot the rifle I bought the same day, he gave me a deal on a mag that the company I bought from did not include, and agreed to send the replacement to me when it showed up at his shop, just so I wouldn't have to drive out a second time.

He also was nice enough to let me fondle and drool over all the guns in the store while filling out my paperwork, and everyone there is not just knowledgeable but friendly, and they are GUN PEOPLE, not just people trying to run a business

anyways, even after all the trouble leading up to the finish, all for the paltry pay off of the price of a transfer, he even knocked off some cash since I was doing more than one transfer at once.

Anyways, point is they are happy to meet you more than halfway- check them out.

Any others experience with duffy's, post here

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've bought my last few guns, and my last suppressor from Duffy's. I can't say enough about the great customer service I get there.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    oh so YOU were that guy that Vince said was bugging the crap out of him; tiring out his chicken peckers on the puter. :lol2:

seriously though. Duffy's is good people. Kevin helped me out purchasing my first rifle last year and vince humored me for about an hour on endless questions about multiple guns :D

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    oh so YOU were that guy that Vince said was bugging the crap out of him; tiring out his chicken peckers on the puter. :lol2:

seriously though. Duffy's is good people. Kevin helped me out purchasing my first rifle last year and vince humored me for about an hour on endless questions about multiple guns :D

yes, that was me.

They just really know their crap there, even about obscure C&R stuff.

Best gun shop I've ever frequented, bar none

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I agree... I purchased 2 suppressors from them and I had to travel an hour + each way! both times they had all the paperwork filled out before I got there, made everything super easy.

A+ shop

Yamasung

Feb 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    +1 on your review. I'm leaving the state soon, and know I will miss Duffy's and Vince's patience with me and my endless questions as well. He figured out a weird issue with a new silencer I bought from him that was behaving strangely the first time I used it. The issue resulted in minor damage to the piston which he replaced free of charge! Unsurpassed knowledge and customer service.

Last edited:

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    They are over an hour from me, bought from them this last week and wouldn't have a problem driving up there again, good folks. I did however watch some genius salesmanship so beware!

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    The fact that they are willing to negotiate if nothing else earns them my business- some of these deals are out of this world.

All the more reason I want others to patronize them, keep the dying breed of great MD ffls from extinction

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom