• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    https://www.magpul.com/products/moe®-sl-hand-guard--carbine-length-–-ar15-m4

saw this at the North American sportsman show in Harrisburg. I really like the feel and dexterity you get with the slim grip.

BTW did anyone else see that one of the new colors is almost a pure white? they were selling it as a way to color your own and do designs using RIT Dye.

Thoughts? my wife thought it was cool as she could truly make them her own and not tacticool.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This isn't really new, they announced it ages ago. Still, it's a nice new option, I agree. I'd consider it if I ever built a plain-jane 16" AR-15 carbine.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The existing one is far from fat, even for small hands. The SL seems novelty more than functional improvement. Having to remove the front sling swivel and losing access to the bayonet lug is a deal killer for me.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The existing one is far from fat, even for small hands. The SL seems novelty more than functional improvement. Having to remove the front sling swivel and losing access to the bayonet lug is a deal killer for me.

Agreed. Doesn't look like much of an improvement to me.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD

this is more of a dexterity issue for my wife with the AFG and the light on the side rail she found it difficult to manipulate on and off but with the SL she was GTG.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nothing wrong with that if it works well for her. My comment is aimed more at pointing out the downsides, especially to the tacticool crowd who has to buy it just because it's new, often to replace other aftermarket handguards on rifles that have never been fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom