• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury is just off 83 going up the hill towards town. Small place behind the barber shop but jammed pack with guns the last time I was in there.

Thanks! I will report back once I make it up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Maybe stating the obvious, but I was at the Chantilly Gun Show yesterday and there was no shortage of magazines of any type you want.

Donkey

Aug 10, 2011
    Sharpsburg
    The place in Lovettsville is called minuteman arms. You also have SharpShooters in Springfield. Blueridge in chantilly. There is one more in Purcellville i forgot the name. It is on the same street as Purcell store. It has alot of modern weapons. There was a ton of consignment there 2 weeks ago. Tons on sigs new.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Need to head to PA for some business so I did a quick check of shops along the way, and stopped in Hanover Shooters Supply off RT 30 West. Didn't take long to get there from the Westminster area. It's in the basement basement level of a house, rather small, but packed with interesting sidearms and long guns. I picked up bulk Federal 5.56 for some target shooting, and three 2nd gen PMags...take credit cards. Normally I head to New Holland and the Sportsman Shop, but that's 2 hours each way... I think I'll try Leesburg, VA next...

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    How do you guys find these ancient threads ? I have a hard enough time keeping up with current ones
    Well, i had a good experience, looked to see if they were an industry partner (they are not), then searched on "hanover". It was only a year old thread, so i didn't feel it was​ right to start fresh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ... I think I'll try Leesburg, VA next...

Bullseye in Leesburg has the better mag prices (often comparable to internet pricing), but call ahead if you're looking for something other than 5.56 PMAGs or Glock mags. They do have reasonable selection, just not large numbers of multiples for some mags (e.g. they might have only a few 30 round AK-47 or CZ Scorpion Evo mags on display at any one time).

The other Leesburg place has huge inventory and a nice selection of firearms, but is a bit more pricey.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Does Hogsniper have a storefront? For some reason I was under the impression it was internet order only. My bad...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Does Hogsniper have a storefront? For some reason I was under the impression it was internet order only. My bad...

High Rock, but hours are variable so best to contact him before visiting. He doesn't keep a large inventory of mags, but almost definitely has 5.56 PMAGs on hand.
    The other place in Leesburg is...? PM me if the name must not be spoken aloud...2:
    I couldn't remember it. But Google jogged my memory. It's Loudon Guns. They've really got fantastic inventory - firearms, mags, accessories, etc. It's worth visiting both Bullseye Guns and Loudon Guns if in Leesburg, but I would start with Bullseye for mags as their pricing is a bit better.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    High Rock, but hours are variable so best to contact him before visiting. He doesn't keep a large inventory of mags, but almost definitely has 5.56 PMAGs on hand.

I couldn't remember it. But Google jogged my memory. It's Loudon Guns. They've really got fantastic inventory - firearms, mags, accessories, etc. It's worth visiting both Bullseye Guns and Loudon Guns if in Leesburg, but I would start with Bullseye for mags as their pricing is a bit better.

Thanks, I'm going to visit both next week...

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I am looking for 9mm magazines for a Colt style rifle. I have a 1994 Colt 6450 (i am pretty sure they are made by Metalform).

I'd call them. They are friendly and have a big selection of stuff.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well, I'm hitting up Leesburg tomorrow to visit both stores, then get some BBQ near Bullseye. I thought about perusing the gun show at Howard County fairgrounds instead tomorrow but MD gun shows have been a bit lackluster of late.

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    For those of you that live in Frederick area, where are the closest places in Virginia or Pennsylvania that you go to when shopping for common mags?

I'm looking for G19 mags, so big box retailers might not carry (other than a Cabela's, and I don't want to drive that far), but extra AR mags are nice to get as well. I don't mind spending a few dollars more per mag.

I'm particularly interested in places near Hwy 15 North heading into Pennsylvania or 15 South out toward Leesburg.

I think, you can buy mags anywhere in the US, except Maryland. I go to VA when I buy a gun that doesn't have more than a 10 capacity magazine. And its totally legal to do so to bring them into MD. Very weird law that MD has.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think, you can buy mags anywhere in the US, except Maryland. I go to VA when I buy a gun that doesn't have more than a 10 capacity magazine. And its totally legal to do so to bring them into MD. Very weird law that MD has.

You are correct (where there aren't similar restrictive magazine capacity laws), and I've made such purchases in Wisconsin, Indiana, etc.

My original post was more of an inquiry to those living in Frederick area on where they might stop when on a nearby road trip to Virginia and Pennsylvania. As you'll note later in the thread, I found a few good options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom