• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I was thinking more competition than tactical. I personally never rest on the mag, so it wouldn't do me a damn bit of good. But for three gun or something, removing the bi-pod for these would be a great weight and maneuverability advantage.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If this slaps on the bottom of the mag. For a semi-supported shooting position, then wouldn't you have to buy like 20 to make it feasible for competition/combat?

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    @mopar
    I suppose, if that's your load out. I don't know any three gun or competition shooters that carry 20 mags at once. I think it said 22$ for a three pack.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I think it's a decent idea. I really don't see a downside other than maybe causing feed issues if you put a ton of down pressure on it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Ehhh, doesn't seem needed. If the target isn't at an elevation to perfectly match the angle of the magpod, you still have to just teeter-totter the mag on the rear or front edge...making it a big waster of money compared to just resting it on the mag....and that's assuming you're resting it on flat enough ground for it to be useful anyway. theoretically, putting lots of upward pressure on the mag is bad for reliable feeding....although pmags generally run well regardles. I dunno, just see this as a waste of money.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    @mopar
    I suppose, if that's your load out. I don't know any three gun or competition shooters that carry 20 mags at once. I think it said 22$ for a three pack.

Purely hypothetical. Figured the serious competition guys would have a bag o'mags to just grab from during competition. As opposed to reloading in between matches.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Purely hypothetical. Figured the serious competition guys would have a bag o'mags to just grab from during competition. As opposed to reloading in between matches.

You could be right. Hell I don't know. Just thought it was neat. Maybe one of three gun shooters will weigh in.

Lykaios

The Plastic Fantastic
    Mar 4, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Layman's logic would seem to dictate that the usefulness of this floor plate is extremely limited compared to the regular mag pull plate. I can only see this being of use at the range or in competition – a controlled environment.

And even then....not of much use at all.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I dont really see it as a mono pod but I do think it looks like a good general base plate extension or alternative to magpuls ranger plates.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    In the Service they taught us not to use the mag as rest as it can affect feeding... of course things have changed now like digital camo and you can marry your buddy. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom