• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I cant disagree with Rob. I use my method to keep my rifle and pistol reloads the same. Im sure on a timer my reload times are close but the other method is faster. I prefer consistency on my part. Im not saying my way is better.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    You can't cite the best people in the world thinking X way is best means it is automatically better. Top experts in the world have been wrong before, or barring that, not using THE most efficient means possible.

That's why shooting sports, grappling sports, any sports, scientific knowledge itself constantly evolve.

Explain why. Show me real, serious, and valid reasons other then "so n so does it like this".

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Economy of motion is why bullets forward is faster. Your week hand goes straight down and to the magazine, grabs it, pulls it out and goes straight into the mag well. Bullets facing the rear you have to move your hand further away from your pistol to get your finger tips on the magazine, your hand has to twist backwards, then you have further to go to get to your pistol and another twist to get the magazine facing the right direction.

Stop over thinking it and try it. Put a mag pouch on you side, assume a firing position with your hands. Now is it faster to touch you fingers to the side of your magazine facing your buckle or the side facing the rear. Double the difference in speed and add a twist and that is how much faster running bullets forward is.

Do you naysayers carry your pistol with the grip facing forward also.

If you have a reason other than speed don't change it. Chad does it for consistency with rifle mags. That is a valid reason and he is aware of yr limitations of doing that. It is much faster to charge the slide using a slide lock than sling shotting the slide. I use the sling shot method for consistency with reloading and malfunction clearing. You have to go with what works for your needs.

Don't fool yourself into thing that bullets facing the rear is faster. It is not. If you don't believe it, practice both ways with a shot timer. Load two rounds in mag, charge the pistol. Then shoot 1round, do a mag change and shoot the second round. I guarantee that within a hundred round WWB value pack you will see a huge disparity between bullets forward and bullets to the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom