• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Originally Posted by kalister1 View Post

Does it come with the new spring you will need? I cannot watch the video at work.

From the Website.
    Assembly is easy, you simply remove the baseplates from your magazines and then lock them together with the Mag Double, no tools required. You don’t need to modify the magazines in any way, and you can combine them or revert them back to their normal configuration in under a minute.

Now one Magazine has the opening down and one is up into the rifle. How can it feed all 60? You need to remove the ASSY and re-insert it with the bottom magazine opening facing up.

This post had me confused.

My post is just flat out WRONG. The webpage said just remove both baseplates and connect the 2 together. They did not mention that there is a plate that goes inside to connect both springs together on the link listed.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Now one Magazine has the opening down and one is up into the rifle. How can it feed all 60? You need to remove the ASSY and re-insert it with the bottom magazine opening facing up.

Because you only load from one end. The other end has the follower against the feed lips like an empty mag.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The real question is can you keep adding mags together to get a 140 round mag? that would be amazing. Just make sure you connect them together in DE or somewhere private ;).

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    "You can make a 60 round magazine from 2 30 rounders you have lying around" Uh I don't leave my pmags "lying around" they are secured in my mag locker.

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    The real question is can you keep adding mags together to get a 140 round mag? that would be amazing. Just make sure you connect them together in DE or somewhere private ;).

No because the bottom mag ends at the feed lips. Imagine this arrangement: feed lips, base plate, base plate, feed lips. So you can only combine 2 mags.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    You could combine two Magpul 40's for an 80, which would equal about 7 beers.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Really???????

How does the 3rd mag feed through the feed lips????????????

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    So all 60 rounds are stay in the upper mag and the springs compress into the lower mag. And the follower stays in the upper mag so only the spring needs to navigate between the lower mags feed lips to keep pressure on the follower. I want to comprehend this thing.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think I paid $60 for my Surefire 60s, doesn’t seem worth the trouble of coupling.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    So all 60 rounds are stay in the upper mag and the springs compress into the lower mag. And the follower stays in the upper mag so only the spring needs to navigate between the lower mags feed lips to keep pressure on the follower. I want to comprehend this thing.

Looks like they're mated bottom-to-bottom, with the adapter in place of the baseplates.

No, I'm not gonna try it. That's a lot of weight and size.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    The OP’s device looks a lot like the extended mags for my VR80. They work fine, but are horribly unwieldy in any real world situation. 3gun is the only place for them. The AR monster mag along with the big drum mags are kind of useless to me even in 3 gun. There is almost always a run between targets somewhere that you don’t loose any time inserting a new magazine. The shotgun mags are a little different because even the really long and heavy ones only hold <30.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

No, the rounds are in both mags. And the springs compress into the lower one.
    each spring compresses the same as in a single mag

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't remember much of the movie, "Requiem for a Dream," except that I didn't really like it. There was this one scene though...:tap:...that this thing reminds me of...:innocent0 It's probably not on youtube, and I'm not going to look for it.:o

mtcstle

SK, CISSP, PMP, FFL, CCW
    Yeah, no ... But, if you’re only looking to beat the MD 10 round limitation. Just drive up to PA and pick up a thirty, anywhere. Perfectly legal to bring it home with you and own in MD. As near as I can tell, OK to use in your back yard. Other restrictions withstanding, [:-). Probably OK at most ranges. Not sure about if you get caught in a gun fight. Cheers.
    ![(Experience OR Expectation)BOUND Risk]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom