• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    Don't know if this is the right section or not

I've got an Iver Johnson Paratrooper with an extendable stock. I'm reaching out for some information on the slide. Looks like one of the slide tabs is broken and I'm searching for the correct part to replace it with. Searching on the web i see there is a range of prices but I'm not sure which one is correct.

I will post pics later if needed.

Thanks for the help

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Don't know if this is the right section or not

I've got an Iver Johnson Paratrooper with an extendable stock. I'm reaching out for some information on the slide. Looks like one of the slide tabs is broken and I'm searching for the correct part to replace it with. Searching on the web i see there is a range of prices but I'm not sure which one is correct.

I will post pics later if needed.

Thanks for the help

hmmm.... if I remember correctly Universal and Iver Johnson are not GI, but postwar clones. I also seem to remember that some of the early Iver Johnson rifles were made with at least some GI surplus parts implying at least some interchangability. So I guess the real question here is, can you use a GI surplus replacement or do you need to track down something made by Iver Johnson. Someone out here must know....

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    hmmm.... if I remember correctly Universal and Iver Johnson are not GI, but postwar clones. I also seem to remember that some of the early Iver Johnson rifles were made with at least some GI surplus parts implying at least some interchangability. So I guess the real question here is, can you use a GI surplus replacement or do you need to track down something made by Iver Johnson. Someone out here must know....

This is correct .

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

+1

edit; you beat me to it by a minute RJ

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member