• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    I have my Grandfathers M-1 Carbine that I want to restore. ( I am not doing the work, just finding the parts) and I need this particular part but not sure what it is called. anyone have any idea ?

The action still works fine and the rifle will fire in this condition. if I recall correctly, the rifle never did have this part since I can remember as a child.
    It is just pretty much a long slim plate that covers not much of anything. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• M-1.JPG
      M-1.JPG
      50.8 KB · Views: 174

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    That is part of the receiver. If it is missing the receiver is broken and cannot be restored to safe working condition.

It may fire, but I would strongly advise that you not do so.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    That is part of the receiver. If it is missing the receiver is broken and cannot be restored to safe working condition.

It may fire, but I would strongly advise that you not do so.

I haven't fired it and it hasn't been fired in years. In the picture it does look like a piece of the receiver but I don't see how in the world that section could become missing. It looks as if it was a separate part. ??

4gun-drill

Jul 27, 2012
    I agree the part you have circled in the photo is just the reciever. I doubt that is broken. Maybe you have an early "spring tube" reciever. Do a google search and see if that looks like what you need.

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    The is a company that advertises on guns digest that sells parts for the M1, let me see if I have the magazine , ill get you a name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom