Looks like we're going to court boys (and girls)..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    A coherent and united front will be hard, when it comes to details.

Two examples:
    1. I support a National Preemptive Act that voids all state and local firearms laws and reserves that power to the Federal Government. A lot of people would oppose this on the grounds that it tramples state authority. Is this a bug, or a feature?

2. I consider background checks part of the trade space. You want background checks? Offer to repeal an existing law, and we'll talk. This latter puts our opponents on the defensive - it shows them as defining "compromise" as a surrender on terms.

If we cant be unfied then we will lose, there is no other outcome. They are united against us, we need to be just as much of a team against them.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    A coherent and united front will be hard, when it comes to details.

Two examples:
    1. I support a National Preemptive Act that voids all state and local firearms laws and reserves that power to the Federal Government. A lot of people would oppose this on the grounds that it tramples state authority. Is this a bug, or a feature?

2. I consider background checks part of the trade space. You want background checks? Offer to repeal an existing law, and we'll talk. This latter puts our opponents on the defensive - it shows them as defining "compromise" as a surrender on terms.

You are starting from a deeply flawed and dangerous assumption; that the left is interested in public safety and common ground. This could not be farther from the truth. The left wants ALL guns banned NOW. Guns are counter to government. They keep the government in check. Therefore, they must go. Any "negotiation" will result in a loss of gun rights and nothing else. Look at the existing background checks. None of the records were supposed to be kept. However, weren't we just told not to worry about registering grandfathered firearms since they already have a record of those?

No way no how no where a national background check will ever NOT result in a gun registry. And a gun registry serves 2 purposes; the ability to confiscate or tax a firearm.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    i need to become a member of the NRA myself. I was a fence sitter till about 2 years ago. Never thought one way or the other towards them. I had been to the range a few times but had never considered owning a firearm (or several now) myself. After educating myself on them it became ever so clear what the other side was up to.

The ones that really burn me up on the inside are the antis that work to grab our firearms but are protected by them in their everyday job...

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I just hope the court action mentioned does not turn out to be NRA vaporware

Real. And not just NRA.

Multiple groups, multiple factions, multiple philosophies. Those who wouldn't talk before 2013 are now linked daily and going to family picnics together.

Things changed.

They don't know what they created.

Yet.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Real. And not just NRA.

Multiple groups, multiple factions, multiple philosophies. Those who wouldn't talk before 2013 are now linked daily and going to family picnics together.

Things changed.

They don't know what they created.

Yet.

Well, the fact that You and Shannon and John all talked and worked in the same direction without argument or fail this year, is a very bad thing for the other side....:innocent0

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Well, the fact that You and Shannon and John all talked and worked in the same direction without argument or fail this year, is a very bad thing for the other side....:innocent0

Agreed.

On a personal note, cryptic messages and warnings always put a smile on my face.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    That's the point, he doesn't have to sign it.

He has 30 days (IIRC) to veto a bill, otherwise it becomes law.

I would not be at all surprised if the spineless fool did it that way to keep from getting his hands dirty. Bet Martie's buddies will love that. It will hang around their necks, not his. :lol2:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Excerpted from MD Constitution:
    legislature section
    "SEC. 30. Every bill, when passed by the General Assembly, and sealed with the Great Seal, shall be presented by the presiding officer of the House in which it originated to the Governor for his approval. All bills passed during a regular or special session shall be presented to the Governor for his approval no later than 20 days after adjournment. Within 30 days after presentment, if the Governor approves the bill, he shall sign the same in the presence of the presiding officers and Chief Clerks of the Senate and House of Delegates. Every Law shall be recorded in the office of the Court of Appeals, and in due time, be printed, published and certified under the Great Seal, to the several Courts, in the same manner as has been heretofore usual in this State (amended by Chapter 883, Acts of 1974, ratified Nov. 5, 1974)."
    Executive section
    "(c) Any Bill presented to the Governor within six days (Sundays excepted), prior to adjournment of any session of the General Assembly, or after such adjournment, shall become law without the Governor's signature unless it is vetoed by the Governor within 30 days after its presentment."

*** Capturing the media and schools results in capturing the minds of the public ***

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I would not be at all surprised if the spineless fool did it that way to keep from getting his hands dirty. Bet Martie's buddies will love that. It will hang around their necks, not his. :lol2:

That would be a gift.it would open wounds that will take decades to heal. Not even mom is that stupid. Unless his allies really ticked him off by even touching his handiwork.

Even then he must realize that there is still another session next year......

We can hope he is that stupid.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    so its looking like we dont need to rush out an buy our scary black rifles before oct 1 after all huh?

Short of a miracle, this bill WILL get enacted. It might be an attempt to lull you into a false sense of security, but the law is going into effect with almost 100% certainty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom