Looks like we're going to court boys (and girls)..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I was always on your side and supported 2A. Was too scared of guns after my mama got shot, but never wanted to take yours or infringe on your rights.

Then a bunch of politicians try to tell me I can't! Oh yeah???

And i didn't know where the party was. :)

But I sure like looking like the other side. Was too much fun pinning orange ribbons on anti's under the guise of "Gun Safety" and way too may pony other funny stories to tell about my adventures in Annapolis.

***. Cars don't get blamed for drunk drivers. Why are guns blamed for violent people? ***

Wow You really are a fire cracker :)

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Fact is anybody who is not a fool is a bit scared of guns at first. Thats why it so important to make it easy for new folks to get started the right way.

I just got started about a year ago myself.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Remind me again the breakdown of the Heller decision voting?

5-4

The Opinion of the Court, delivered by Justice Scalia, was joined by Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr. and by Justices Anthony M. Kennedy, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr.

Justice Stevens' dissent was joined by Justices David Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Stephen Breyer.

Since then, Stevens and Souter out; Sotomayor and Kagan in. Nearly same composure from philosophical viewpoint.

***. Cars don't get blamed for drunk drivers. Why are guns blamed for violent people? ***

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I was always on your side and supported 2A. Was too scared of guns after my mama got shot, but never wanted to take yours or infringe on your rights.

Then a bunch of politicians try to tell me I can't! Oh yeah???

And i didn't know where the party was. :)

But I sure like looking like the other side. Was too much fun pinning orange ribbons on anti's under the guise of "Gun Safety" and way too may pony other funny stories to tell about my adventures in Annapolis.

I too am sorry about your mom!

I agree with every thing you said SNI....

I think one of the biggest problems we have had though is how we present our opinion. This has been an issue with those right of center for some time. Rand Paul is currently trying to fix this by touring colleges.

Take this as example, science presented facts about evolution to the catholic church, for decades after the church denounced evolution. This is a case of facts versus beliefs (funny example as the more left in this case are presenting some facts)

Beliefs are hard to counter, the anti-gun people are not bad or stupid (for the most part and save politicians). In all the conversations I have had with anti-gun people, when they run out of talking points and cant debate the facts, the conversation ends and they walk away with the same opinion they started with, I havent done anything to change thier beliefs no matter how many facts I have.

We need to find a better way to communicate with the left and typically, younger crowd.

I am sure it is not obvious how I got here from your post, it was the car example

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    5-4

The Opinion of the Court, delivered by Justice Scalia, was joined by Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr. and by Justices Anthony M. Kennedy, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr.

Justice Stevens' dissent was joined by Justices David Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Stephen Breyer.

Since then, Stevens and Souter out; Sotomayor and Kagan in. Nearly same composure from philosophical viewpoint.

5-4 correct. So 4 SC justices voted the party line and not the Constitution. Do you agree if there was one more Obama plant/stooge/"appointee" and one less Conservative justice that the decision would have been 5-4 against?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    5-4 correct. So 4 SC justices voted the party line and not the Constitution. Do you agree if there was one more Obama plant/stooge/"appointee" and one less Conservative justice that the decision would have been 5-4 against?

Yes, one flip and it is game over.

What galls me is they all take an oath and then too many proceed to defy it before their hand is even back at their side.

New signature for the day says it all.

*** Capturing the media and schools results in capturing the minds of the public ***

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Yes, one flip and it is game over.

New signature for the day says it all.

*** Capturing the media and schools results in capturing the minds of the public ***

OK so do you REALLY think the puppet-masters of this administration will allow this (any) anti-gun legislation to get to the SC without replacing another Conservative justice with another stooge?

Remember, Heller determined that the states could enact "reasonable restrictions". Any gun legislation that comes before a Liberal controlled SC will be rubber stamped as "reasonable", that is a fact.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    OK so do you REALLY think the puppet-masters of this administration will allow this (any) anti-gun legislation to get to the SC without replacing another Conservative justice with another stooge?

Remember, Heller determined that the states could enact "reasonable restrictions". Any gun legislation that comes before a Liberal controlled SC will be rubber stamped as "reasonable", that is a fact.

Given what happened with Obamacare, it is a crap shoot, agreed.

Who knows what went on there, but I shudder to imagine.

This is one of the points that was alarming during the Election of 2012. Knowing the Court composure was up for a vote also.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

How can the administration replace a justice barring illness, voluntary retirement, or assassination?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    How can the administration replace a justice barring illness, voluntary retirement, or assassination?

Exactly. They will stop at nothing. Look into Breitbart.

We live in truly interesting times.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It is not our job to communicate with the Left.

It is not our job to try and change their minds.

It is our job to tell them to SHUT THE F*** UP when they drone on about the evils of gun ownership.

It is our job to tell them we have the right to live our lives any way we want to just as long as we don't hurt others. Dare I say "INFRINGE" on other peoples lives.

I love deer season. I wait for it like a kid waits for Christmas.

I know the Anti's and PETA would string me up while still alive and skin me, but I don't worry about their opinions. I just go hunting, enjoy the woods, and bushwhack Bambi.

What I don't do is dance a jig in front of PETA's headquarters with a bloody Bambi head because that would be infringing on their beliefs.

It is not my job to change their minds about anything.

Live and let live I say.

P.S. This is an original post

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Agreed but how are you going to capture the propaganda arm of the administration? By extension really the public schools are also a propaganda arm.

I do not know bro, I am just barely smart enough on PR to know this is critical. I am much too blunt, opinionated and vocal to be any good at it.

It is up to people with subject matter expertise in this arena to format our message into something that is acceptable by the right and left. Once that occurs, it is my responsibility to propogate that message and be part of the folks who present a coherent and unified pro-2A front.

The thing that really peezes me off is NRA Wayne toting a platform of 70% of crime is comitted by repeat offenders and in the same breath is against anything background and straw purchase. This is freaking contradictory. The message should be 70% repeat, we are for all background legislation that does not create unacceptable waits and does not lead to a national gun registry. We are for all straw purchase legislation that does not violate legal family and friend sharing.

just my 02

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I do not know bro, I am just barely smart enough on PR to know this is critical. I am much too blunt, opinionated and vocal to be any good at it.

It is up to people with subject matter expertise in this arena to format our message into something that is acceptable by the right and left. Once that occurs, it is my responsibility to propogate that message and be part of the folks who present a coherent and unified pro-2A front.

The thing that really peezes me off is NRA Wayne toting a platform of 70% of crime is comitted by repeat offenders and in the same breath is against anything background and straw purchase. This is freaking contradictory. The message should be 70% repeat, we are for all background legislation that does not create unacceptable waits and does not lead to a national gun registry. We are for all straw purchase legislation that does not violate legal family and friend sharing.

just my 02

If any new law magically causes criminals to start obeying the law, I will ride my unicorn to the celebration.

A little research shows that background checks don't work. Do you really think any criminal in Maryland stopped by the gun store, presented his license, and waited to be approved?

As I’ve noted before, the argument for background checks is grounded in the premise that, in President Obama’s words, “as many as 40 percent of all gun purchases are conducted without a background check.” With a loophole that large, the thinking goes, plenty of criminals and crazy people can go to weekend gun shows or websites and obtain weapons, no questions asked.

That’s baloney, according to pro-gun advocates. John Lott, a former chief economist at the U.S. Sentencing Commission and author of the book More Guns, Less Crime, calls that 40 percent figure “a myth.” He estimates that the real figure “is closer to 10 percent.”

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    A coherent and united front will be hard, when it comes to details.

Two examples:
    1. I support a National Preemptive Act that voids all state and local firearms laws and reserves that power to the Federal Government. A lot of people would oppose this on the grounds that it tramples state authority. Is this a bug, or a feature?

2. I consider background checks part of the trade space. You want background checks? Offer to repeal an existing law, and we'll talk. This latter puts our opponents on the defensive - it shows them as defining "compromise" as a surrender on terms.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    If any new law magically causes criminals to start obeying the law, I will ride my unicorn to the celebration.

A little research shows that background checks don't work. Do you really think any criminal in Maryland stopped by the gun store, presented his license, and waited to be approved?

Its not about criminals obeying law or whether it works, its 100% about conceding something that does not impact law abiding citizens to appeaze the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom