• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I just moved to bel air and I want to pick up a Walther pps. Don't know of any local dealers that sell Walther at a good price since I'm very new to the area, any help would be appreciated. I may have a trade also. Feel free to weigh in on the Walther pps too!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Oh yeah the only thing I am still up in the air about is Walther PPS in 9mm or .40...... I am a .40 fan but this is a smaller handgun.

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    I got one for my girlfriend and we both love shooting it, great pistol.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Went to Horst and McCann and they did not have much for handguns, they claim they sold 30 guns in the last week. I did not realize they wouldn't have any new guns all are used on the range. Maybe 20 in total and nothing to talk about.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Does anyone know of A gun store that stocks Walther PPS handguns? I have been searching, I looked at it when it first came out but would like to touch it again before I drop the cash or trade????

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Most would not stock anyway, and now the mp shield is out @ half of what a pps goes for you will be hard pressed to find 1.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Does anyone know of A gun store that stocks Walther PPS handguns? I have been searching, I looked at it when it first came out but would like to touch it again before I drop the cash or trade????

Give A & D pawn in Glen Burnie a call. They might have something.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    So I found the one I want with the 3 mags and night sights but the asking price was 835.00. It looked new, but for some reason when I racked it back and pulled the trigger it was super smooth but it would not dry fire again unless I re racked it. So I kinda felt like the price was rather high and maybe there was something wrong with the trigger like it was not resetting IMO... Drove a hour and 10 minutes to a shady area to have my heart broken....... So I stopped at a local gun dealer that couldn't find one, but when i called back today they found one but not exactly what I wanted and way low balled me on my trade, a HK, 250 lower then my first offer of the day...... Not looking good for me...

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I believe Gun Connection has one in stock.

Blue falcon lol..... Been a while since I heard that. The place you mentioned is the place that low balled my HK, he should have said he was not interested and i would have paid cash if he could get one, doing what he did, he lost my business. Plus my HK would have been the best handgun in his store IMO. I should have known to walk when he wouldnt price my HK that was in front of him until he saw how much the PPS was, which took him 24 hours. I wouldn't offer him $150 for the PPS... I understand he has to make money, it's the American way !!!!!! I don't mind him making a profit at all. I even told him I just came from another store that wanted alot for the PPS that i wanted but made a solid offer for my HK. The search goes on......

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    It looked new, but for some reason when I racked it back and pulled the trigger it was super smooth but it would not dry fire again unless I re racked it. So I kinda felt like the price was rather high and maybe there was something wrong with the trigger like it was not resetting IMO...

That is how a striker fired handgun functions. The slide coming back resets the action.
    I have a 9mm PPS and I love it. Carry it all the time. I recently shot a BUG match with it and it was great.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    That is how a striker fired handgun functions. The slide coming back resets the action.
    I have a 9mm PPS and I love it. Carry it all the time. I recently shot a BUG match with it and it was great.

My p99 doesn't have to be re racked and I thought they were the same, striker fired? Excuse my ignorance to what I own lol

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    $835 is up there... You can find them for $500... Keep checking armslist, waltherforums.com and gunbroker for a local pps... Dont spend more than $600 unless it has night sites and a bunch of mags

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    My p99 doesn't have to be re racked and I thought they were the same, striker fired? Excuse my ignorance to what I own lol

You are correct with the P99. Forgot they are a little different. PPS is like the Glock and M&P.

I payed around $800 for mine. I know it was up there but it was the night sight model with three mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom