• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Thurmont Concervation and Sportsmans Club just north of Frederick has about everything. Lots of shotgun but also lots of pistol including USPSA and IDPA matches and rifle including various firearm specific matches, Cowboy Action and NRA smallbore.
    Monocacy Pistol Club near Frederick has lots of steel matches, also Cowboy Action, bowling pin matches, small bore metallic silhouette, Bulleye pistol, MD State Police Pistol Combat matches, etc.
    Peacemaker National Training Center outside Martinsburg, WV is probably the premier club in the area. USPSA, IDPA, Cowboy Action, FN 3-gun, sniper matches, precision/tactical rifle matches, you name it. Lots of classes in various shooting sports and CCW classes. They have rifle ranges out to 600 yards, 1000 yards and an unknown distance match that is 1200+. Also lots of shotgun stuff.

msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I'm in Hagerstown and if there's a good public range in Chambersburg I would gladly go there instead of driving all the way to a range that has moderate prices plus you ha e to buy their ammo. I would gladly make the trek to Hap Baker but that's also a distance

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Please rememer when i say range i mean 100-200 yards not pistol. I shoot the pistol some but I'm more interested in practice for a highpower competition.

msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Please rememer when i say range i mean 100-200 yards not pistol. I shoot the pistol some but I'm more interested in practice for a highpower competition.

I understand. I finally just got my rifle and am looking for a place to put it through its paces.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

Peacemaker for sure....

If they aren't busy they will let you shoot standing, sitting and prone. Well you can always shoot prone but standing they can be a little funky about. Apparently one guy tried to stand and shoot and missed the berm all together.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Nice. And you can shoot your own ammo or gotta buy theirs?

Shoot your own...and if you want to shoot out to 600 or 1000 yards you can on electronic targets. Even think they have 1,200 yards now.

Offering special now for $185/per year.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I generally shoot my ARs and stuff at Cresap Rifle Range in Frederick (right next to Monocacy Pistol Club), a private club that has public hours on Sundays, Plus some of our members belong there also so I can get in as a guest during the week. It has target walls as 50 and 100 yards, 2 targets per station (I think about 30 stations). I just built a .308 mag feed bolt action for the Peacemaker precision/tactical matches but have not had time to sight it in as yet. The Turmont club has 100, 200, and 300 yd. ranges with covered stations.

Toecutter

Dec 11, 2012
    Knoxville Md
    My wife and I joined NARGC over the weekend and we're now just waiting for memberships to go through. H

Grounds, resturant and bar seemed clean and well kept. Wasn't the country club feeling at all and was in fact very homey. Club president and gentlemen in charge of trap and skeet, showed us around the property. They were both down to earth and made us both feel very welcome.

The rifle range was completely empty and there were only two people shooting pistol. Maybe a total of six-eight practicing skeet and trap. This was mid Saturday afternoon, so it was nice to not see a line or waiting list. We really liked the fact that we are responsible for our own safety on the ranges and there's no one looking over our shoulders like we're children, not responsible adults.

The cost seemed very resonable to both of us and here's a break down. There are also a lot of club activities besides shooting that come with the fee too.

Anual fee of $50 for me and $15 for wife
    Key card $5
    One time assesment fee of $100
    total $245.00 for the both of us.

Looking forward to many days on a quiet private range and no more crazy days at the public range.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yep, it's a fur piece, I only go up there about twice a year to stretch the legs of my Remington. I normally go to Izack Walton about twice a month and shoot my handguns and AKs. I take my Remington and practice on the two hundred before I go north.

A lot closer to Peacemaker than PA, 45 minutes verses 3.5 hours. Plus Peacemaker has the new electronic targets. A screen with the bulleye shows you exactly where your bullet hit. No looking thru scopes, no walking a mile to look at the target anymore. Second Saturday of the month March to December they have a combined 600 yard and 1000 yard match. On the 4th Saturday of the month they have a Longe Range Challenge match, usually 1000+ yards because they have the ability to mount steel targets at close to 1400 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom