• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I moved to hagerstown this summer and I'm lookimg for a new place to shoot that is conveinient. I'd like tl stay within 30-45 minutes and i prefer somewhere that has some variety. I would be shooting mostly highpower and pistol but i recently have become interested in small bore and i also own a bow so any and all of the above would work but high power up to 200 yards would be my preference.

Eventually i would like to compete in a few garand or smallbore matches.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Steve

powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    Sorry u r now in hagerstown close is greenridge state park or go to wv to gun valley 2 I thinly there both 100 yrd and not sure on bow

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    North American = Bar and restaurant + EXPENSIVE

I was a member!

Range is okay but very small for all the land the club is on.

Yes they have a Bar and restaurant in the clubhouse. The foods pretty good too and reasonably priced. The membership dues don't seem to high to me. I have seen many clubs in Maryland with less available to their members and they charge higher prices.

Oh and I am not a member but do know several of their members and have used their facilities a few times.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Thanks for all of the ideas ill start checking them out. The mention of high dues is a little concerning but i will give each place a bit of investigation. Does anyone know if any of these places do not allow steel core ammo ? I shoot mostly surplus with my garand i hope to start reloading but that will depend on what santa brings me :-)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Another great club to look into is Potomac Fish & Game. I don't know if their membership is open at this time but they have a nice range and great club house. Talk to Tim at Hafer's Gunsmithing about them for details.

I live in Hagerstown also and joined....
    Waynesboro Fish and Game
    Address: 10205 Fish and Game Road, Waynesboro, PA 17268
    Phone: (717) 762-4486
    Outdoor ranges for rifle and pistol
    Archery Ranges and a nice stocked trout pond...
    Very inexpensive dues and they always have kids programs..
    Unfortunately, no indoor shooting available...
    My 14 yr old daughter and I belong and really like it..

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    I live in Hagerstown also and joined....
    Waynesboro Fish and Game
    Address: 10205 Fish and Game Road, Waynesboro, PA 17268
    Phone: (717) 762-4486
    Outdoor ranges for rifle and pistol
    Archery Ranges and a nice stocked trout pond...
    Very inexpensive dues and they always have kids programs..
    Unfortunately, no indoor shooting available...
    My 14 yr old daughter and I belong and really like it..

whats the ranges like, and distances? whats the yearly dues, and where in waynesboro is it located? i know most of 16, so if its right off of 16 i should be able to find it

whats the ranges like, and distances? whats the yearly dues, and where in waynesboro is it located? i know most of 16, so if its right off of 16 i should be able to find it

Easy to get to off 16 (turn onto Old Forge then L on Mentzer Gap to R on Fish and Game)...give them a call or take a drive over... there is usually someone there during the day to show you around...
    Dues are
    Jr Member (6-16) $27 the first year, $17 after that
    Regular Member (16-59) $60 the first year, $30 after that
    Sr Member (60 and up) $40 the first year, $20 after that

Ranges are nothing spectacular or fancy.. just a good basic range set up... I believe the longest distance is about 250-300 yds... but I never shoot that far... we usually go up with our 22s or pistols....

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    The mention of high dues is a little concerning but i will give each place a bit of investigation. Does anyone know if any of these places do not allow steel core ammo ?
    At North American the yearly dues were not bad, but the initation fee was a little high. Unless they have increased the dues signifgantly in the last 6 years, it would be very reasonable compared to some of the commercial ranges. Also have a yearly service requirement, if I remember correctly. AT Norht American, you shoot into a dirt embankment. I used to be member and dont remember any ammo restrictions, No Range officer, sort of a self service range. Alot of times ther would only be one or two other people at most shooting. Everyone was very safe, friendly and knew the rules.

Izaak Walton: $100 initiation, $70 per year, never crowded

North American: $100 initiation, $100 "assessment", $75 per year + $100 assessment, crowded on weekends (mostly bar and restaurant traffic)

Izaak Walton: 200 yard long distance, 24 hr "inside" .22 range

North American: 100 yard range.

Izaak Walton: near Hagerstown raceway, this side of Clear Spring

North American: North Hagerstown

XD Mike

Jan 20, 2010
    Western, MD
    +1 for Waynesboro Fish & Game club. I have been a member for 3 years and have not had any problems. Range for rifle is 50, 100 & 200. Pistol is 10 yards I believe.

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    Back many years ago I was a member at Greencastle Sportsmans Club. Are they still in existence? Cost? It was a pretty nice range.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Sounds like I will not be attending North American but will have to check out Izaak Walton and Waynesboro.

And just for the hell of it peacemaker. Can't think of anywhere else were I could go to shoot 1000 yards :-)

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    And just for the hell of it peacemaker. Can't think of anywhere else were I could go to shoot 1000 yards :-)

Or have electronic targets. $200/year for membership. I'm a member, if you wanna hook up one day and head out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom