• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    Bunnielab, how did you make out today? It was a little windy but not bad for an hour of fishing.
    4 black crappie
    1 small largemouth
    1 big bluegill.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Once it gets warm, my friends and I routinely wade fish the middle Gunpowder for bass and sunnies. We've seen carp and trout too, but don't typically target them. Fishing is easy to learn, and fun-- don't put pressure on yourself to catch huge fish, at least not right away. Just grab an inexpensive Walmart rod, some good brand name line (I like Trilene) and some spinner baits and head out to your local river or creek. It helps to be in the middle of the river, casting towards shore (hence why we wade fish) but you can fish from the banks on good rivers too.

bunnielab

May 17, 2007
    @ willy: I didnt do well at all, just maybe 3-4 tiny bluegills. It was too windy where I was to allow me to cast very far or accurately.

This morning I am heading out to get a kayak lesson from a friend of mine, I have been looking at Craigslist and they seem to pop up pretty often.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    don't stick your fingers in a walleye's mouf.

DSCN0312_zps10779039.jpg

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    Crappie have been biting good last two days. Caught a bunch of white crappie last night, 1 big white perch, 3 little bass and 1 mud cat. I have never caught a white perch in liberty before. He put up a good fight. Little bluegills are stealing my liver for the cats. Caught 9 crappie this morning in one spot, 2 little bass.

What is white perch's favorite fresh water bait?

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I always did well with them on night crawlers and grubs. Some even double up on the hooks and pull 2 at a time up when they locate a school of them.. Good times!!

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    The weather is changing for the better, the moon will be full tomorrow, and fish will be spawning soon if they aren't now. If you can get a line in the water in the upcoming mornings and evenings youll find some fish. Lately ive had some success on a white chaterbait with a blue/silver shad trailer for bass. For crappie and blue gill you cant go wrong with a small road runner jig head and a small tube or grub trailer. Classic jointed rapalas also are very nice right now. I could go on for days, but if youd like some more tips or recommendation's on where to fish send me a message

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    Went last night and this morning, took the 11 year old last night. He was blown away when a beaver hopped up on shore about 15 feet away and started munching on some small fir trees. Around 7:30 they were going crazy. He was pulling them in every other cast or so. Got my "crappy killer" caught up in a tree and called it a night. Won't fish for them without it. I noticed the black crappies were spawning a couple of days ago. Bass have also. Today, I saw the white ones have started.

What ya got for carp? I fish a channel that has quite a few of them at the surface. I tried worms,corn and bread. The only thing they showed interest in is my crappy jig.

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    caught a 15-20lb carp today. Sucker put up a fight. Was about to pack it in when the rod was pulled out of my hand! Using a light rod with 6lb spyder wire. Too bad they don't taste like stripe bass. Caught 4 black crappy who were spawning and protecting their nests.

bunnielab

May 17, 2007
    Willy, where are you fishing?

I have been going to the Governor's Bridge rec area lately as it is between where I am working an home. It isn't the greatest spot but I can usually catch a pile of small bluegills if I get there early enough.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    first year really trying around here, and it's obvious I'm out of my element! my gf is really into it, but when all we've caught in three trips is the below, she's quickly losing patience! tried fishing conowingo and marnier's point so far.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
      fish.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads