• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    Talked to the guys at Delmarva. They sound stellar. I'm heading out there first thing this Thursday. I'll do Peacemaker next Friday (or this one if I'm feeling super squirrelly lol). Anyone want to meet up?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Not what he is talking about. Take any of these competition guys and put them in a shoot house/ self defense scenarios where threats actually move and their groups get measured in feet.
    I would invite you to come to one of the matches.. And be surprised some of them "competition guys" are in law enforcement..

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I would invite you to come to one of the matches.. And be surprised some of them "competition guys" are in law enforcement..

Aside from the ones who have gun jobs and actually train shooting self defense. Believe me, they didn't get their training from IDPA, etc...

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    Aside from the ones who have gun jobs and actually train shooting self defense. Believe me, they didn't get their training from IDPA, etc...
    :lol::thumbsup: ABSOLUTELY! And going out and shooting those matches are great....but where do you practice before? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    I am off weekends now, someone set it up at DelMarva because I'm too lazy and I'll teach.

Delmarva's risky on weekends. They don't "reserve" ranges, and if they get busy, they want people to be able to have access. Weekdays are probably better. And what's your experience? What will we be learning if you're teaching? (Not a disrespectful tone. Just curious)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Then that's EXACTLY the point of this thread. I want to bring it into the realm of possibility. Let's make something happen! Someone's gotta know someone with some land or SOMETHING!
    Lol.. Good luck.

Best and cheapest is try out 3-gun.. Closest tacticool you can get into just don't mention it to masterblaster.. Lol

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Delmarva's risky on weekends. They don't "reserve" ranges, and if they get busy, they want people to be able to have access. Weekdays are probably better. And what's your experience? What will we be learning if you're teaching? (Not a disrespectful tone. Just curious)

I can say I have a little bit of experience. Since this will never happen.... I can fantasize an informal day with some chat about mindset, drawing, close quarters shooting, and shoot while moving. A door frame with an operating door w steel targets would be great. Simple but very fun stuff.

carbonDRED

Dec 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    I can say I have a little bit of experience. Since this will never happen.... I can fantasize an informal day with some chat about mindset, drawing, close quarters shooting, and shoot while moving. A door frame with an operating door w steel targets would be great. Simple but very fun stuff.

Such a pessimist! I'm in. I think I can get a couple others too.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Heads up guys. My company is running courses in Taneytown MD that might be relevant to this thread. Once we get to know you via our courses it might be possible to set up some regular practice sessions involving just what you guys are talking about at our private range hook up.
    PM me for more info. -Trevor
    11330004_1662095760686819_3835445028547987172_n.jpg

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Heads up guys. My company is running courses in Taneytown MD that might be relevant to this thread. Once we get to know you via our courses it might be possible to set up some regular practice sessions involving just what you guys are talking about at our private range hook up.

PM me for more info. -Trevor

11330004_1662095760686819_3835445028547987172_n.jpg

Would be nice...

May I suggest contacting dd214 to be an industry partner?

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    http://www.yorkiwla.org/pistol.html

IWLA in York, exit 10 off 83 North

They are holding a major 3 gun match this weekend. Too late to get in, Bring Eyes and Ears (Mandatory to be on the range) and come watch. If this is what you want, they do this every month. This weekend is the BIG match, so don't expect this much every month but it will be pretty close.
    Monthly Funshoots use some of the props from the match and are slowed down with little to no movement. Funshoots do NOT allow Rifle caliber ARs, only pistol caliber ARs allowed, too close to the steel. Funshoots are geared for beginners, shoot a funshoot and talk to the range master (Gary) to find out about getting into a match if that is what you want.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ Fun shoots are an incredible easy/fun way to get started w/o a full blown class/competiton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom