Looking for a Remington 700 Tactical in .223.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Jan 25, 2010
    Harwood, Md.
    Keep in mind, you also need to factor in shipping and transfer fee when ordering from Bud's

It would help the IPs, if you list a more specific type of Rem 700, and caliber.

thats buds price shipped. Transfer is $30 by 3 of the vendors on here. Factor that in if need be.

model and round are in the title. Tactical, .223.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    I think he mentioned 223. That price is pretty low but*** you do have to factor in shipping and transfer. Have you tried Dick's sporting goods. They may have something in your price range. Just maybe not the tactical. I'm more for supporting the industry partners but if you want a match price and that is a big factor the. I would try Dicks. You got to put emphasis on customer service. Yea you may pay a little more for the gun and a private ffl BUT the customer service you get is well worth the little bit of extra cash you may save. Trust me on this one. I know from personal experience. It's nice to walk into a shop and have them remember your name and what you have bought in the past and already know what you like. Sometimes even before you do. (gun connection). To me , I would spend the extra little bit of cash just to support my local gun shop. I really can't say enough about those guys and of course mrs gun connection who has a habit of putting firearms in front of my face she knows will stick in my head everytime I'm in there.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Jan 25, 2010
    Harwood, Md.
    I think he mentioned 223. That price is pretty low but*** you do have to factor in shipping and transfer. Have you tried Dick's sporting goods. They may have something in your price range. Just maybe not the tactical. I'm more for supporting the industry partners but if you want a match price and that is a big factor the. I would try Dicks. You got to put emphasis on customer service. Yea you may pay a little more for the gun and a private ffl BUT the customer service you get is well worth the little bit of extra cash you may save. Trust me on this one. I know from personal experience. It's nice to walk into a shop and have them remember your name and what you have bought in the past and already know what you like. Sometimes even before you do. (gun connection). To me , I would spend the extra little bit of cash just to support my local gun shop. I really can't say enough about those guys and of course mrs gun connection who has a habit of putting firearms in front of my face she knows will stick in my head everytime I'm in there.

Let me just re-write this to sound a little more polite. lol

I appreciate your post, but im not really looking for that kind of service. I prefer the best price, get in, get out, and start shooting. I don't really care to do a lot of chatting. The way I look at it, that $1,2,300 difference in the gun, is ammo, bipod, shooting mat, etc. I'm big on self educating. I read a lot on the web and forums, etc. Some of the most valuable intel can be found here. If I spend hours reading, not only is it free, but I often retain the knowledge better. I know I sound cheap, lol. but ask anyone who knows me... I'm the first one to often quick to buy a book of shooting tickets, or offer my ammo to a friend so that we can enjoy shooting.

Bass pro, dicks, etc. don't offer any kind of tactical arms. Only those used for hunting. I was considering going for a standard sps 700, but I like the shortened version of the tactical for mobility, etc. It's going to be a starter gun. Once I get better ill invest the money in a .308 5r.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Gotcha. I wasn't being rude. Just trying to offer you some options. However. I was in Dick's and they had a savage precision carbine 308. 5r rifling LE model you can special order. I don't know if the Remington 700 tacticals they can special order but it may be worth looking into. I was surprised myself. Btw. Price tag was $725 which is good for that rifle. I would say it's worth a look. Ask for their catalog. Can't hurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom