• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's a bad habit of mine, attachments get deleted after a set amount of time.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    What size tap do you need?

After searching around some, I'll likely just pick up the Volquartsen target trigger with the built-in adj. over-travel stop.

It's easier for everyone involved that way, and less opportunity for me to mess something up while trying to drill the factory trigger. :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Going to sell off the Hogue stock. It's nice, and feels great.

But it isn't doing me any favors with trigger finger placement - stubby index finger.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Sound good I will probably drill and tap the trigger on my wife's 10/22 some time this week i will let you know how it works out. I put the target hammer in yesterday. wow that made a big difference! Thanks for the recommendation.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Made a few more modifications yesterday.

Volquartsen Target trigger - a little bit of fine tuning and there is ZERO over-travel now, reset is also much shorter. And a PWS T3 magazine release lever - can drop the mag without breaking my firing grip now.

Also re-sprayed and cleared the stripped trigger housing in a low gloss black, to match the receiver.

While the trigger may not be as nice as a full Volquartsen, Timney, or Kidd piece - it's pretty damned good for less than $80 in parts. Would definitely recommend those 2 simple parts to anyone looking to upgrade their 10/22 trigger on the cheap.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Brad, Nice looking 10/22 and shoots well too.:party29:

Thank You. The barrel is shooting very well, when the bag of meat behind the trigger shows some semblance of talent.

Proof of that, two 3 shot groups from the Redcoat stage during Appleseed -

View attachment 126020

View attachment 126021

It does look slightly diff't now that the trigger housing was re-sprayed to match the receiver and the PWS T3 lever was swapped in.

Also found my cheek-weld was a bit low on the Hogue stock, so I found a interesting way to solve that - a CAA 1.25" cheek riser for an AR-15 carbine stock. Puts me right where I need to be, and it fits the Hogue stock like it was meant for it. Was kind of surprised it works as well as it does.

Definitely interested to see if there's room for improvement next go round at Appleseed. Made Rifleman (just) on my first time out, was a few points short of Distinguished during practices. Just couldn't shoot well enough during the actual event to even hope of making it to that level. Just going to keep at it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom