• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    got bored and finally finished(and started) a project i brought home to do over a year ago.

Started as a Milwaukee holoe saw kit case...now it's a stealth pistol case:party29:

john

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
      photo 1.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 824
    • photo 2.jpg
      photo 2.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 831
    • photo 3.jpg
      photo 3.jpg
      75.1 KB · Views: 826

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    we are actually winding down a large job and there are quite a few cases laying around i wanna try to score a dewalt corded sawzall or corded long style hammer drill those cases are almost long enough to fit a carbine, maybe a bullpup or sbort barrel. either way would be pretty awesome.

john

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    we are actually winding down a large job and there are quite a few cases laying around i wanna try to score a dewalt corded sawzall or corded long style hammer drill those cases are almost long enough to fit a carbine, maybe a bullpup or sbort barrel. either way would be pretty awesome.

john

I may have a few Dewalt cordless sawzall cases at my shop . Ill get back to you tomorrow . If I do your welcome to one or two.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    RJ1974, i'm always up for freebies :D

mitchugh, it has a tiny hole that im not even sure what its for, its much too small for a lock. I was actually thinking more along the lines of oil the shit out of a 'cheap' reliable gun(that maybe i buy two of), bag it, and then shrink wrap the case since its pretty clean.(sneaky pete)

much the way you might "store" a just in case gun in a puzzle or board game box.

john

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    One of those would be pimp for my underfolder AK.

Only problem with it really.... A tool case like that is just as likely to tempt a thief as a gun case. Now start carrying your stuff around in a tennis racket bag or something and now you're not attracting anyone.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    RJ1974, i'm always up for freebies :D

mitchugh, it has a tiny hole that im not even sure what its for, its much too small for a lock. I was actually thinking more along the lines of oil the shit out of a 'cheap' reliable gun(that maybe i buy two of), bag it, and then shrink wrap the case since its pretty clean.(sneaky pete)

much the way you might "store" a just in case gun in a puzzle or board game box.

john

That hole is what they ran a cable tie through when it was in the store to keep greedy lil fingers from lifting pieces from the kit.

Last edited:

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    makes sense, but from the supply house they come shrink wrapped too IIR

numidian, 'people' will steal anything....and everything. my intention was more of a unique case and/or to be able to have an out of the way inconspicuious container. i would not, nor would i suggest anyone store a firearm in the open just becasue its 'labeled' something else.

john

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    makes sense, but from the supply house they come shrink wrapped too IIR

numidian, 'people' will steal anything....and everything. my intention was more of a unique case and/or to be able to have an out of the way inconspicuious container. i would not, nor would i suggest anyone store a firearm in the open just becasue its 'labeled' something else.

john

I agree, but you can't say a crackhead is not more likely to snag a "power tool" than a "tennis racket or gym bag". Sure he doesn't know what's actually inside, but he knows one is worth at least $20-30 at the pawn shop and the other next to nothing.

I'm not knocking your case at all either. I dig it and am going to keep an eye out at flea markets for empty cases. Just pointing out that while it is discrete in general, it is still showing as a valuable item.

goneshootin88

Sep 22, 2009
    MOCO
    I think that's a great idea. I carry tools in and out all the time so it would blend in well with my daily activities. We seem to be getting a lot of new neighbors and I can't say I trust them like I did with the ones I have known since I was born . . .

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    A guy on Zombie Squad converted a Saiga and is using a guitar case to carry it around. The case is big enough to hold the Saiga and a 1911. I'm looking at getting a keyboard case as it's long enough to hold either my new Rem 700 or a carbine and shotgun and pistol.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    I think more than saying 'hey this isn't valuable' it's more of 'this isn't a gun'

The ultimate 'trash case' would be a converted old radio or computer. Think one of those giant old time 'towers'.... Piano hinge the side of the tower..... Add a magnet or something else to keep it shut, inside is room for a hand gun or two and accessories along with plenty of room for a newer, smaller, faster, and fully functional desktop computer.

That will be one of my eventual projects.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom