• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The first Rosa Parks.

100 years before Rosa Parks.

I'm guessing you mean Elizabeth Jennings GRAHAM , the 19th Century Civil rights activist , with the streetcar incident.

Both of the Elizabeth JENNINGS , the Victorian Poet , and the 20th Century Author were both Honkies .

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'm guessing you mean Elizabeth Jennings GRAHAM , the 19th Century Civil rights activist , with the streetcar incident.

Both of the Elizabeth JENNINGS , the Victorian Poet , and the 20th Century Author were both Honkies .
    Graham is her married name well after the event took place.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Could be .
    But in 2024 internet searches , she shows up as GRAHAM , and searches for Jennings show the White Writers .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Pretty common name...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What we really need, to to harass every single cop that still works. Make the rest of them quit or retire... and we’ll have nothing to worry about. Then you can handle a trespass, murder, rape, stolem vehicle, or what have you...all by yourself. So many of you know everything about law enforcement. Good plan.
    Sometimes I watch the Auditor videos. Cops have a tough job. I’d bet these guys have to go through a few interactions before they hook a live one.

I’d love to see the videos disappear. That would mean all the cops out there are upstanding and outstanding specimens who are professional and know people’s rights.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Requesting an ID check from someone who isn’t suspected of anything is complete BS. The guy was filming not saying a word, not moving from his seat, and not interfering in any way.
    So officers are supposed to get everyone’s name in the entire restaurant and run all of their ID’s for something like this?
    Bullsh*t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The request for ID was for intimidation.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I fully understand police wanting to get ID from someone. I even understand them pushing pretty hard to get it. What I don't understand is why they escalate to an arrest when their requests and demands are not met. If there was enough for an arrest to start, they would have done so on initial contact or soon thereafter. If there isn't enough for an arrest, someone refusing to provide ID does not escalate to enough for arrest.

Your last sentence is not true. Plenty of crimes fall to the victim to charge, the officer to charge via warrant/ summons, or by writing a citation. Failure to ID pushes them to an arrest. Specified misdemeanors, traffic violations and such.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Your last sentence is not true. Plenty of crimes fall to the victim to charge, the officer to charge via warrant/ summons, or by writing a citation. Failure to ID pushes them to an arrest. Specified misdemeanors, traffic violations and such.
    The "1st Amendment Auditors" aren't doing anything in the your last sentence. They are filming on sidewalk or another Public place and the Police DEMAND ID and threaten arrest for not providing it. The Auditor ASKs what crime have they committed, misdemeanor or felony?

Police usually answer "none" or they "don't know yet". More police show up, demand ID. Auditor asks for a supervisor. Supervisor may show up or talk to Officer via radio. Eventually, most of the time, auditor is released without showing ID.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just think most are poorly prepared.
    It's one thing to kiss you wife and kids goodbye every day, knowing it might be the last time you do, and moments later find yourself in an "awkward" situation with some jack wagon and the next thing you know, you have some dickhed intervening with a cellphone videoing the who thing.
    Cops are obviously not lawyers, and for the most part, are more worried about coming home alive every day/night to their families than asking for IDs at the wrong moment.
    Sorry, I don't see how making a cop's interactions more difficult than necessary a plus.
    I'm not talking about jerk cops. They are out there. I'm talking about folks who are trying to make a difference.
    "Being videoed is just part of the job"?
    BULL SH!T.
    Walk a mile in their shoes...
    I’m going to disagree on your last point. We should all expect to be on video 100% of the time. For cops, yes. Being videoed is now part of the job.

In most audits, the po-po initiate contact.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

My comments were in relation to this video. TMK, nothing the auditor did in the video elevated the encounter to require an ID.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I thought this shtick was familiar, clickbait thumbnail, out of context clips for the intro that that make you want to keep watching.

Here’s one local to me that I came across a few months ago out of blue

The only thing good about these videos is the gyro on the camera.

In fairness it’s still lols that people are still calling 911 or some non emergency number needing police to come because “I’m being filmed.” It’s 2024 not 2004, that’s like dialing 911 because your kid won’t stop playing video games. You have weapons grade autism if you dial 911 for that

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    You wrote at your property its your rules for the police filming you if they have body cameras.
    My point is, thats not the case if they want to do it.
    All that went away when people wanted police to start wearing them.
    Sorry for the confusion, I took your statement of, and I am paraphrasing, " so you are ok with them filming on your property" to mean, you are ok with private citizens on my property.

If the cops have a legitimate reason to be in my property then I encourage them to film. The camera doesn't lie, although it is funny how body Cam footage comes up missing but that is a different topic.

If the cops don't have a legitimate purpose then get off my land. I just want to be left alone.

I deal with people everyday at my job and have to be jovial. When I am home, leave me alone.

I again don't care about being filmed in public

Nobody

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's part of the point of the auditors .

It's the PD deciding on their own to waste manpower and resources where it's inherently not needed .

That’s where we (society, culture, local.gov “policy”) has sort of pigeonhole ourselves to… cops being called to stuff where they are simply not needed. I know Ive seen some “blue cities” have stopped cops responding in person to a list of calls of service, manpower shortage or whatever excuse is they used but that’s another topic maybe

Anyway, on the flip side if you’re working in that building and some rando walks in holding a gyro with a GoPro on it and is just walking around in circles, has no business there… it’s a little sus. He’s probably the only person in an entire year to do that besides a few agitated people pulling out their phones during some interaction to record

This dude is a professional agitator and I guess he gets his jollies off knowing people will call the cops on him and they’ll show up and fumble around with trying to get him to leave on his own while being polite (since he has no business being there)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom