• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    has anyone seen this letter from the AG office regarding delivery of handguns ordered and paid for before oct1st but not delivered? seems to me that they are saying that even if you ordered and paid before Oct 1st if you do not posses it you must take the class that doesn't exist yet before you can pick up...
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/158788674/AG-opinion

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    has anyone seen this letter from the AG office regarding delivery of handguns ordered and paid for before oct1st but not delivered? seems to me that they are saying that even if you ordered and paid before Oct 1st if you do not posses it you must take the class that doesn't exist yet before you can pick up...
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/158788674/AG-opinion

Yep, already covered in an entirely different thread that I believe the others have now given to you. Good times indeed.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That was going to be my response. SB281 has not changed anything regarding SBR unless they are under 29" in overall length. Then that might be an issue. However, that seems pretty clear of an issue to me.
    Which was exactly my question, incidentally. If you ever give a response from him, let me know, and I'll forward you my set of questions.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That was going to be my response. SB281 has not changed anything regarding SBR unless they are under 29" in overall length. Then that might be an issue. However, that seems pretty clear of an issue to me.

No the OL makes no difference. They are not semi auto Rifles. They are SBRs... just like a MG is not a semi auto rifle even if it can most often shoot semi auto and is considered to be shouldered fired firearm.

We have whole threads on that too...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    No the OL makes no difference. They are not semi auto Rifles. They are SBRs... just like a MG is not a semi auto rifle even if it can most often shoot semi auto and is considered to be shouldered fired firearm.
    We get that you have complete certainty. Not all of us do.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Found his website and sent an e-mail. Now, we shall see what happens.

I am really starting to get a headache from all this and it really is not going to affect me because all my purchases will be done well before October 1, 2013. I am about to take a break from this board so I can relax, and leave the rest to fend for themselves.

Send me a copy of what you sent to the delegate please. I will work to make sure he a) sees it, b) his chief of staff sees it, and c) the questions get forwarded to the AG for an answer.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Which was exactly my question, incidentally. If you ever give a response from him, let me know, and I'll forward you my set of questions.

Send them to me, I will see what I can get done.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    MSP: Dealers Can Sell "Assault Long Gun" Not In Inventory Before Oct 1st.

Not sure if you folks saw this. Posted in the MSP website. My emphases:

"Can I sell an assault weapon to a Maryland resident if the firearm is ordered from a distributor/manufacturer prior to October 1, 2013?Yes, CR 4-303(b)(3) provides that, “A person who . . . has a purchase order for that resident , or completed an application to purchase an assault long gun or a copycat weapon before October 1, 2013 may: (i) possess and transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon . . . “ Accordingly, a firearms dealer may sell, and a citizen may purchase and possess, an assault long gun or copycat weapon if a purchase order was issued on behalf of that citizen for the weapon before October 1,2013, even where the dealer receives the weapon after October 1, 2013."

Can't be more clear: dealers don't need to have it in inventory. Do they need a serial number in the purchase order?

"Can I still sell my inventory of Assault Weapons after October 1, 2013? To whom can I sell to after October 1, 2013? A Maryland citizen cannot purchase (possess) an assault weapon after October 1, 2013 unless the Maryland citizen has a purchase order for that resident , or completed application to purchase an assault long gun or copycat weapon before October 1, 2013." CR 4-303(b) (3)."

The "or" there also seems important. It confirms you don't need a serial number as far as filling out the paperwork is concerned. Again, I'm not though sure about the need of a serial number in the purchase order...

http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision.aspx

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Thanks for posting,just a heads up others will be along shortly to tell you there is a million threads on this already,or you are to lazy to use the search button,or its been discussed at length and you shouldn't start a new thread,again some of us don't mind it and thanks again.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    That s different than it was? I bought from inventory at a lgs instead of from the factory just because of this. Cost me 85.00 more:mad54:

This is all ridiculous

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm changing the thread title to better reflect the nature of the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom