• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I am looking to get some logs or already cut hardwood rounds that I can split into firewood with a maul and wedges. I am doing this for fun/excercise so I'm not interested in already split firewood. Will pay a whatever the market price is to have some delivered and dumped on my property. I'm in Woodbine not far from the Lisbon shopping center. Thanks

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    :confused: You want to split wood by hand.......for fun?

To each his own I guess :D

My log splitter was one of the best purchases I ever made. I split a bunch of locust yesterday that without it would have kicked my ass....

Omaha419

NRA / GOA
    Apr 19, 2013
    I get all my firewood from a county recycling center near my house. I have two cords and didn't pay a dime.

Another guy here that enjoys splitting wood. :)

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's good exercise, not sure I would ever do it by hand. Hustling big ass rounds onto a titled vertical woodsplitter gets exhausting after about 2 hours. LOL

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Overall splitting wood is probably one of the most well rounded workouts you could do. Its going to affect every muscle in your body at least somewhat between the stacking and chopping. This time of the year wood at a decent price will be scarce. If your not interested in keeping the wood you should definitely take these guys up on the offers to come split wood.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don't burn wood myself (wish I did, lol) but I was planning on giving the split wood away to those who have lost jobs/been down on their luck/could use a break/elderly/etc.

rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    I will check with a few guys at work to see what they have laying around. We have been getting most of our wood from people just trying to get rid of it or what I have cut down on my property this year.

I have 9 or 10 trees worth of wood to cut and split if you want the exercise. I can pay in food, beer, or ammo

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Once Alphabrew has his wood.
    I have a splitter and will split wood for members close to Frederick. I won't charge anything but would like to keep some seasoned wood for my time.
    Hardwoods only ...no pine. pm if interested

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Up in Winfield. You can't miss it - the huge pile on the northeast corner of 94 & 26.

I see that pile every day when I home...live just up the road from there..

would have offered some of my spare wood (had several trees cut down so I have more than I can use)

Reminds me I gotta get out and split some soon.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom