• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    The police helicopter is so low it's making stuff in my house rattle. I was wondering why, then got this text:

MSG:Parkville *2900 blk Linganore Ave. PERP SEARCH* Pd looking for 3 males, one armed with machete. Unknown what for. BCoBN00/

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    The police helicopter is so low it's making stuff in my house rattle. I was wondering why, then got this text:

MSG:Parkville *2900 blk Linganore Ave. PERP SEARCH* Pd looking for 3 males, one armed with machete. Unknown what for. BCoBN00/

Yeah I got the same text... I was in Hyattsville when I got and and couldn't believe it.... AGAIN!!!!! :mad54:

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    I am at LRB & Joppa and yes all of Parkville and Towson is rapidly declining. I have told councilman David Marks that I am sick to my stomach with what has happened to the place I was born and raised and we are currently looking to leave ASAP.

section 8 all over.... loch raven village, ridgely, ridgely manor, oaks, everywhere. the pleasant plains 7/11 (clerk shot 2 months ago) and royal farms are now targets for pan handling by MTA riders. SNAP signs everywhere you look. its disgusting.

We live right at the City/County line near York Road. The immediate neighborhood is very safe, but yeah, the only route we usually take to 695 is Lake-Charles (N) to 695. No way can I deal with any issue on LR BLVD. If the wife and kid aren't with me, I sometimes use Perring Pkwy to Northern Pkwy on the way home. The whole Pleasant Plains area isn't safe after hours. I am hyper vigilant any time I'm doing business on Joppa Road. The panhandlers must think my name is, "I NEED YOU TO STAY BACK. DO NOT APPROACH ME. DO NOT GET CLOSER."

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    wouldn't be a Friday night without the chopper.......armed robbery at the comfort inn on loch raven blvd near joppa:sad20:

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I lived in the LR village apts. for far too long. I thought I was suffering from PTSD but after moving to Harford County( Baldwin) I now realize it was the daily police chopper and numerous police cruisers patrolling the neighborhood that had me always on my guard. It's sad but I felt safer in downtown Mogadishu than I did and do driving through parts of this friggin state. Maybe the fact that in Somalia I was well armed, but even with a carry permit I still would avoid certain parts of MD. like the plague!

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    loch raven class of 98:beer:

Oh yeah?
    Same here .....

Worked at the Hess gas station right on Joppa from like 96-99 .
    Owner/Boss was Murdered right at the station a few years ago.

Pretty Upset about most of the story's I here from the area now.. My Mom still lives off Joppa and doesn't even Lock her door :mad54:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I grew up in Donnybrook, where they are robbing and stabbing college students and my dad had the men's store in Hillendale. I'm glad he is not alive to see what has happened.
    Henry

festus haggen

Jun 29, 2008
    Just saw this thread. I grew up on Drumwood Rd. Went to Loch Raven Middle the first year it opened. Hung out at Baynesville Electronics and Perma-Tone Studios. Sorry to see the area go downhill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom