Local source for saiga conversion part (fire control group)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    Anyone know of a local source (DC/Baltimore/NOVA) for saiga conversion parts, specifically the fire control group?

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    If you want to keep the bolt hold open, then you need to modify the hammer by grinding the right hub down about a 1/16" or so. If you remove the BHO(recommended) you don't need to modify the Tapco trigger.

-Jim

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    just throwing this out there...but if you are willing to do a little sanding and polishing you can get a better trigger using an arsenal 2 stage FCG...brand new their very gritty but once you polish them their very smooth, and the break is clean and easily predictable vs the G2...most use the G2 because their cheaper...just a thought, whichever you pick will work just fine.

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    just throwing this out there...but if you are willing to do a little sanding and polishing you can get a better trigger using an arsenal 2 stage FCG...brand new their very gritty but once you polish them their very smooth, and the break is clean and easily predictable vs the G2...most use the G2 because their cheaper...just a thought, whichever you pick will work just fine.

I don't suppose you know anyone local selling the arsenal? I think it will largely come down to what (if anything) I can find locally. I am hoping to have my Saiga 5.45 converted to take to the range sometime this weekend. If I can't at least find a Tapco local and have to order, I may just as well go with the arsenal (don't mind sanding/polishing if I end up with a better product).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The only conversion stocks I've ever seen around here have been the crappy Tapco ones. You're almost certainly going to need to go online to get the good stuff - it's kind of a niche item.

Also, I went with a Tapco G2 because I didn't want to deal with the trigger bite issues associated with stock AK triggers (like the Arsenal).

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I don't suppose you know anyone local selling the arsenal? I think it will largely come down to what (if anything) I can find locally. I am hoping to have my Saiga 5.45 converted to take to the range sometime this weekend. If I can't at least find a Tapco local and have to order, I may just as well go with the arsenal (don't mind sanding/polishing if I end up with a better product).

any real reason you cant order online?

The only conversion stocks I've ever seen around here have been the crappy Tapco ones. You're almost certainly going to need to go online to get the good stuff - it's kind of a niche item.

Also, I went with a Tapco G2 because I didn't want to deal with the trigger bite issues associated with stock AK triggers (like the Arsenal).

Two arsenal fcgs and no slap/bite issues...honestly, never even heard of one doing it...both my rifles have tuned arsenals, and they blow the g2 in my saiga 12 away...even after polishing...

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    any real reason you cant order online?

Two arsenal fcgs and no slap/bite issues...honestly, never even heard of one doing it...both my rifles have tuned arsenals, and they blow the g2 in my saiga 12 away...even after polishing...

No real reason...just have some free time this weekend (which is rare for me these days) and wanted to do the conversion. Ended up ordering a g2 off amazon with free shipping and am going to pick up a stock/grip/grip screw at blue ridge later today. I read a little more about the arsenal and when you do them right they sound awesome but I cant be sure ill really have the time to play around with it (also I'm a noobie with the ak platform so don't really have a feel for what it's supposed to be like which might make tuning take more time).

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    You'll like the G2. It's not perfect for long range work but for the forte of an AK, it's nearly perfect.

-Jim
    I doubt I'll be doing anything more than 50 yards with it. After a few hundred rounds with the stock trigger I think the G2 will be a godsend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom