• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    And not those god-awful 4-petal CCI "reenactment" ones that seem to be all anyone carries.

I need some that actually work.

Anyone have a lead on some local to either central MD (between the southern portion of 695 and northern portion of 495) or the reston/vienna/tysons area?

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I called clyde's and they said they do the powder log, so that's out. It violates my freedom of religion. ;)

I'm at my Reston office today; maybe I'll do a little online searching to find some nearby spots and make some phone calls.

Thanks anyway. :)

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I understand your feelings about the log but Clyde's or any other Maryland dealer selling explosives must take down your information.

See Maryland Code/PUBLIC SAFETY/TITLE 11. EXPLOSIVES

11-112. Records and reports of manufacturers and dealers.
    (a) Records.-
    (1) Each manufacturer and each dealer shall keep, for all explosives
    shipped, purchased, or sold, a record that includes:
    (i) the name and address of each consignee, buyer, or seller of the
    explosives;
    (ii) the date of each shipment, purchase, or sale; and
    (iii) the amount and description of the explosives.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Documents/Maryland%20Code%20%20Public%20Safety%20Article%20Title%2011%20-%20Explosives.pdf

It sucks but I would rather support Maryland dealers that go through the hoops to stock products that can be hard to find or expensive to have shipped. Just my opinion of course. :)

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I appreciate that, but I prefer not having (even more) data aggregated about me. I'm headed up to PA this afternoon and will be stopping at my "usual spot" for reloading supplies (they're never out of ANYTHING) and grabbing what I need. Phone calls have shown it to be substantially less expensive up there too. Seems there's a markup for the honor of giving the .gov even more information about yourself in this state. ;)

To add/clarify things a bit, I'm all for supporting local shops, and will still buy projectiles and other "non-recordable" things locally when I can. But as I'm already heading to Pennsylvania for an unrelated trip later today, I figured I'd just go ahead and stop off at my powder place which is only a few miles out of the way from the trip. I just won't report that mileage on my taxes. ;)

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    :)If you want I can sell you 1000 RWS caps for $80. That's my cost or 100 for $8 I buy them by the 1000 to a sleeve. [box] That's if you wont to drive to somd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom