• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I've already given you one example—the free market. We're all anarchists in some parts of our lives. I'm sure many people here believe in free trade of food, cars, clothes, health insurance and tons of other things. Government doesn't, for the most part, moderate these industries to make sure one company doesn't monopolize, yet we see no monopolies. Relative equality is natural.

The only time we see monopolization in the market is when the government (a monopoly itself) creates it. The anarchist system I am advocating is nothing more than a complete application of these principles. It works well for DisneyWorld: all security is private and crime is almost nonexistent.

Could it fail? Surely. But I think it's more than workable. I think a lot of us make the mistake when having this discussion to comparing perfect systems at least on one side. Really, we should compare an imperfect state against imperfect anarchy. A lot of the problems people point out that they see as possible in anarchy already exist in the State.

Ever heard of anti trust law? Standard oil ring a bell?
    Please stay in school. Forever. ;)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Actually, it has.

You apparently missed my post that included a very length video demonstrating that the people of Somalia are infinitely better off measured by every metric imagineable from infant mortality, poverty, education, etc etc etc, than before their government crumbled.

This ridiculous notion that because some stateless places are horrible doesn't mean that all stateless places must be horrible, any more than because some totalitarian governments have committed genocide, then all governments commit the same kind of genocide. It's ridiculous and fallacious to equate the two. Many of those places still either have warring factions (which would be like calling a feud between two mafia gangs a "free market"), or are controlled - violently - by religious institutions, which are certainly no better and effectively no different than a totalitarian government.

If it's not a peaceful free market in all aspects, it's not anarcho-capitalism. The countless strawman arguments don't change that. And it's understood that anarchy won't happen nor work until there is a general philosophical enlightenment throughout the people, which is what anarchists are working toward. Slavery didn't go away until people finally accepted that it was morally and philosophically indefensible, and the same goes for the state. The state will disappear once we have a 'second enlightenment', but not before then. Whether it will take a few generations, or a few hundred years is impossible to predict, but it will happen eventually.

Write if you find work ;)

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    For the feeble-minded amongst us who have to rationalize their insane belief systems away with ad hominem attacks against people that make their brains hurt via appeals to rationality instead of emotion - I do so much freelance work on top of my regular dayjob that I have to turn down job offers on a pretty regular basis due to my schedule being so overbooked. I have this coming Sunday off, and won't have another one until June 29th.

I've also donated my professional services to MSI. True story, ask Paul if you like.

This demonstration of having the capacity for empathy equivalent to a severely beaten 12-year-old stepson honestly doesn't faze me one bit, but it certainly makes you look ridiculous to the rest of us that are civilized. A part of me honestly pities you, hence why I say this not to mock you, but hopefully help you not look so foolish in the future.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    For the feeble-minded amongst us who have to rationalize their insane belief systems away with ad hominem attacks against people that make their brains hurt via appeals to rationality instead of emotion - I do so much freelance work on top of my regular dayjob that I have to turn down job offers on a pretty regular basis due to my schedule being so overbooked. I have this coming Sunday off, and won't have another one until June 29th.

I've also donated my professional services to MSI. True story, ask Paul if you like.

This demonstration of having the capacity for empathy equivalent to a severely beaten 12-year-old stepson honestly doesn't faze me one bit, but it certainly makes you look ridiculous to the rest of us that are civilized. A part of me honestly pities you, hence why I say this not to mock you, but hopefully help you not look so foolish in the future.

So successful you have to start threads about your crappy Health Insurance and wether or not you can afford a doctors bill?

Im just amazed.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant

There is an interesting twist to this story, and there is video evidence to support it. Look up "Adam Kokesh Planted Drugs" on Youtube.

His arrest is shown. The police come up and arrest a man next to him, and when Kokesh comes to his aid, the man being arrested puts something in Kokesh's pocket, then the police release the original suspect, and arrest Kokesh.

Not saying this guy isn't an idiot for proposing this march, but the video, in it's own right, is quite interesting.

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    There is an interesting twist to this story, and there is video evidence to support it. Look up "Adam Kokesh Planted Drugs" on Youtube.

His arrest is shown. The police come up and arrest a man next to him, and when Kokesh comes to his aid, the man being arrested puts something in Kokesh's pocket, then the police release the original suspect, and arrest Kokesh.

Not saying this guy isn't an idiot for proposing this march, but the video, in it's own right, is quite interesting.

Do a little research. One video can be made to look a lot of ways. He's a friend and associate of Adams and has come out in denial of any of those accusations. Plus Adam has not been charged so how can he be set up?

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    Ever heard of anti trust law? Standard oil ring a bell?
    Please stay in school. Forever. ;)

Did Standard Oil not become a monopoly through sweet-heart legislation and regulations? Surely tariffs and patents aren't at all part of a "free market."
    l2history

EDIT: Also, Standard Oil was hardly a monopoly. When the antitrust laws were put into place, Standard Oil only had about 64% of the market share of the refinery business.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Did Standard Oil not become a monopoly through sweet-heart legislation and regulations? Surely tariffs and patents aren't at all part of a "free market."
    l2history

Took you a while to google/wiki that didn't it? Perhaps U.S. History will be your next eye opening College course. :lol2:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    l2history

EDIT: Also, Standard Oil was hardly a monopoly. When the antitrust laws were put into place, Standard Oil only had about 64% of the market share of the refinery business.

No it did not.

Now look up trust behavior and price fixing. Also see U.S, steel.

Now define "selling below production cost".

Then look up conspiracy.

When you are done go back to your professor and demand a refund.

P.S.

One of your friends is having trouble with " Write if you get work"

Once upon a time, in a world before Google, people needed a shared culture to communicate. Lucky for you that's no longer necessary.

Lucky for me I don't need to understand what you say cause the grey beards rule the world, even this new fangled thing called the internet.

After you tear down the world, I will need to understand what you mean by anarchy -- until then you may want to learn what we mean by limited government.

In other news the young did not invent sex either....

Regards,

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    ^
    So many words, but nothing was really said.

Blah blah blah, I'm going to attack you instead of refuting your argument. This is about the intellectual equivalent of "yeah well you're fat."

The ones putting others down and resorting to ad hominem are the ones who aren't even bringing anything to the table. If you really thought us unintelligent, why not try to educate us? Why not share your great enlightenment instead of keeping it for yourselves?

If this is how we hold our debates, then it's no wonder we aren't converting many to support the second amendment.

Last edited:

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    Took you a while to google/wiki that didn't it? Perhaps U.S. History will be your next eye opening College course. :lol2:

Yeah, a bit longer than it took you to memorize what your high school history teacher taught you and accept it without question. Perhaps you'll go your entire life in the comfort of ignorance because you refuse to hear anything with which you don't already agree.

That guy Jeff

The artist formerly known as eljefefx
    Sep 28, 2010
    An island in the PNW
    Yeah, a bit longer than it took you to memorize what your high school history teacher taught you and accept it without question. Perhaps you'll go your entire life in the comfort of ignorance because you refuse to hear anything with which you don't already agree.

At 20 years old, it must be a comfort to know everything.

Sent from an internet spaceship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom