• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Confirmed with management a few hours ago. Also something like he might do something with another NICS, but he seemed unsure. He was 100% with the following below criteria. They have not received the "Weekly update 5-31" and therefore are holding off on that decision until they receive it.

A1 Uniform Sales Company, Brentwood MD: DC Letter or Previous "ND"

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    To All:
    Lets make this a team effort. Try and be proactive and contact your dealers. If they are on the naughty list let them know and ask what changes if any are they making to their policy.

I will do my best to send out emails to dealers but I only have so much time in the day. Lets divide and conquer.

shez15

May 1, 2013
    West Carroll Arms in New Windsor,MD is NOT releasing early. Confirmed with Keith 6/1.

saleen89

Apr 13, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I can tell you without hesitation that the MSP did NOT authorize, ordain, give permission for 8th day gun releases. The email that was sent to all dealers on 5-31 was nothing more than an explanation of the procedure regarding the paperwork submission for guns that have been released early. I can also tell you that you would be hard pressed to get a governmental agency to put something like that in writing especially the MSP. Some dealers are releasing SOME guns early ie.- Law enforcement, military, designated collectors, and people with a history with that particular shop but an all out release for everyone probably not.....As a dealer I can tell you that the potential civil liability isn't worth the risk. Lets say a dealer releases a weapon to Joe Smith and Joe Smith takes the gun home and let say someone breaks into Joes house and Joe shoots that person and lets say it was a perfect, justified, text book shooting and he injures or kills the person. I would be willing to bet that the family of the criminal or the criminal himself will sue everyone involved...Joe Smith, MSP, Firearms Dealer who released the weapon etc. So while it is frustrating waiting for your weapon can you really blame the dealer for trying to be cautious and protecting their butts.

Apr 5, 2013
    Hendershots Hagerstown Md, Not releasing yet. Are awaiting clarification from MSP,ATF and there Attorney according to there facebook, they will have a answer asap

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I can tell you without hesitation that the MSP did NOT authorize, ordain, give permission for 8th day gun releases. The email that was sent to all dealers on 5-31 was nothing more than an explanation of the procedure regarding the paperwork submission for guns that have been released early. I can also tell you that you would be hard pressed to get a governmental agency to put something like that in writing especially the MSP. Some dealers are releasing SOME guns early ie.- Law enforcement, military, designated collectors, and people with a history with that particular shop but an all out release for everyone probably not.....As a dealer I can tell you that the potential civil liability isn't worth the risk. Lets say a dealer releases a weapon to Joe Smith and Joe Smith takes the gun home and let say someone breaks into Joes house and Joe shoots that person and lets say it was a perfect, justified, text book shooting and he injures or kills the person. I would be willing to bet that the family of the criminal or the criminal himself will sue everyone involved...Joe Smith, MSP, Firearms Dealer who released the weapon etc. So while it is frustrating waiting for your weapon can you really blame the dealer for trying to be cautious and protecting their butts.

Appreciate your opinion but there are other threads for this. Please leave this one for dealer updates regarding early release.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Blue Fins is NOT releasing.

1) Blue Fins in Dundalk
    2)NOT releasing
    3) 6/3/13 4:36 PM

Response:

i am fully aware of the letter as well as any other regulation that may be needed.
    i'm sorry, but until i get notification from the ATF AS WELL AS THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE IN WRITING my policy will be to NOT release any firearm UNTIL I RECEIVE THE NICS NUMBER.
    not all laws are followed by this procedure. I must have a NICS number to be in compliance with both federal AND state laws/regulation
    i do not know bollinger.
    Thanks
    David Mroz
    Blue Fins
    Bait - Tackle - Guns
    410-477-9244 - Store
    410-477-9245 - Fax
    www.bluefinsbait.com

Time to fine a new FFL.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    From the email I got Dennis from All Pawn isnt releasing to anyone and also made it clear msp is not telling dealers they are allowed to realease on the 8th day

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Are you saying the lawsuit will magically go away if Joe Smith picks up his handgun in 90 days vs. 8 days???

I think not.

And this thread should be saved for Dealer Information only.

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    I have moved All Pawn to the waiting list.

In reference to All Pawn, I picked up my lil' S&W M&P .22 from there today. Called to verify first and they stated that they indeed they were releasing after 8 days to military, retired, military, military dependents, etc. Basically if you have an ID they will release to you at 8 days. No need for an appointment or anything, I just dropped by after work. I was in and out of there in about 10-15 minutes. Took them longer to find were my gun was located than it was to sign the forms. The guys there have always been nice and helpful anytime that I've stopped by there. They also had a few ARs, shotguns and a decent selection of handguns both new and used for all. Not a full release by any means but they are doing something for military, former military, dependents, etc.

Steviebew

Apr 5, 2013
    All pawn made me a bit angry today telling me my sks with a factory fixed mag in a folding stock is regulated... Grrr i hope they change their minds soon on this 8 day thing i like them alot but this is killing me, just got my DC too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom