• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    No one on the panel had read the bill. Huge win tonight. Talked to an older vet who shoots competition. Never heard of mdshooters but said hundreds from vet organizations are going on the 6th and are planning to be there all night.

Quoted for awesomeness!!!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    No one on the panel had read the bill. Huge win tonight. Talked to an older vet who shoots competition. Never heard of mdshooters but said hundreds from vet organizations are going on the 6th and are planning to be there all night.

did they admit they hadn't read the bill, or are you assuming that because they seemed like they hadn't?

the playbook for the gun banners seems to be "make outrageous lies, fool the ignorant". they may have been following that model, and were unprepared for so many people that had read the bills and understood them.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    He flat out said that the law was for select fire weapons capable of burst fire. Audience member asked for clarification. He said it was to guns that allow multiple rounds to be fired for each pull of the trigger.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    One black woman asked if they were planning on consulting any experts before it is too late since they obviously didn't consult anyone before hand.

I'm in shock about how Pro gun/anti owemalley the crowd was. Maybe 1 or 2 antis and they only talked about licenses.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am loling my ass off right now. I wonder if our lt governor is having a serious rethink about these town halls. I mean, FFS, at least make sure your panelists have read the bill so the audience doesn't make fools of them.

Excellent work, occ, I am enjoying reading your description of the meeting.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Congratulations on making those asshats look like what they are, and thank you for helping the cause.

I look forward to the review.

Flex

Aug 4, 2009
    Blalock, did I meet you with your guys outside, rudely asking what you were doing there?

Maybe 3-4 pro-gun-control people during the (super short!) public comment period. I didn't know that nobody was recording it or I would have -- they really exposed their ignorance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom