• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    One of the Liberty Tree ideas floating around was when you fill up for gas leave a sign with the delegates/and or senators who voted to increase the gas tax.

Great Idea! I'll leave a stack at every gas station in Columbia!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    "Instead of pouring money into a petition drive, gun control opponents will focus on getting the bill in front of a judge. They’ll also form a political action committee to “address who voted” for the bill and “make sure there are consequences” in 2014, Parrott said."
    http://m.capitalgazette.com/news/go...d57-1251-537f-af95-f9d90ae1780d.html?mode=jqm

--------------
    [Del. Love] "She said she didn’t know if she will run for reelection in 2014, but she seems to be considering it.

“I certainly can’t stay home and do nothing, that’s not my style,” she said."

"“Every time I go down that hall, and I see my name on the wall, I smile and say ‘Thanks, Cas.’ ”

I saw buttons during the rallys in Annapolis that simply read: "Cas who?"
    I now know they refer to: Casper Talor, former MD speaker of the house, that was voted out after he supported even less onerous gun bills. Cas was voted out by less than 100 votes. This is not going to be easy, we need everyone to pull together.

http://m.capitalgazette.com/news/go...cle_45f7d986-ce14-5cae-a7e5-24df5f3b7c7c.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_R._Taylor,_Jr.

RoccoRP87

Mar 22, 2013
    I'm kind of disappointed we couldn't put together a meeting already.

Apathy is why we are where we are.

The problem is that our side got complacent. Also most of us work for a living while our opponents vote for a living.

That said, is there any consensus on when people are best available and where we would like to meet up to discuss tactics? I am flexible.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I must have missed it, tell me again why DeGrange should be a priority for us?

DISTRICT 32 (Anne Arundel County)
    Sen. Ed DeGrange (District 32 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: NO, DMV ID: NO, GUN LAWS: NO

Filibuster on SB281.

It's the game. When you have vulnerable Senators, you let a few vote No when you know the final result is in your favor.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I can do Sunday evenings. Six pm on Thursdays I'd have to rush though, as that's about exactly when I'd be getting home from school.

And I just realized we can't forget about Bateman, either. I've seen some threads here and there that he isn't really our friend either.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I can do Sunday evenings. Six pm on Thursdays I'd have to rush though, as that's about exactly when I'd be getting home from school.

And I just realized we can't forget about Bateman, either. I've seen some threads here and there that he isn't really our friend either.

For those of us who just googled that name and found out he's our sheriff, what's he done that we should have beef with?

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    There were some threads on him a while back. Did you try searching the forum?

Basically he got real short with somebody who emailed him asking what his opinions on SB281 were and he got all pissy saying "I don't make the law I just enforce it," or something to that effect.

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    Sorry guys. Last week was crazy for me and this week looks to be the same.

But, I've managed to send everyone who PM'd me with their e-mail address an e-mail to get this thing rolling. So check your e-mail!

And if anyone else from D32 who wants to get involved (it doesn't have to require a ton of time committment) that hasn't PM'd me, feel free to do so.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Hanover/ severn is pretty centralized for the district. A forum member is part owner of the Louisiana kitchen on telegraph rd. I don't remember the hours but he might lend us a table. I would look up his name but I'm mobile at the moment.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Hanover/ severn is pretty centralized for the district. A forum member is part owner of the Louisiana kitchen on telegraph rd. I don't remember the hours but he might lend us a table. I would look up his name but I'm mobile at the moment.

Last I knew, they were now closed. I hope not, but hopefully DucRider will have good news.

I had previously mentioned Mission BBQ, as they are easy to get to, "friendlies" and good eats.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Heres a recommendation from the last event I co-hosted...

There are a couple problems with announcing the location publicly, first you don't know who will show up. Unfortunately there have been quite a few folks banned from this website for not playing well with others. Secondly it would be a very easy thing for an anti to attend and undermine the meeting. At a minimum they will use any discussion of strategy against our effort.

It's one thing to invite general gun people to a group shooting event or meet-up, where everyone is shooting or talking about guns etc. In this (non-political) environment it's pretty easy to see who's not really a gun person; but at a politically oriented event there may be little or no discussion about shooting sports and it will be impossible to know who's there to genuinely support, and who attends to get info to actually help our opponents.

We know the meet-up will happen in or extremely near D32; knowing the day and time in advance is good enough for planning. I suggest only revealing the location in PM or emails.

Good luck with your meeting and I hope someone emails me a summary of how it went!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom