• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drnknmnky13

Nov 12, 2011
    Baltimore
    My EDC. Leatherman Skeletool. I used to carry a wave but I found I only used the blade, pliers, and driver. So I bought a skeletool. Much lighter, thinner, and has a clip to carry in my pocket or a caribeener to clip to a belt loop. I also have a leatherman Micra that I keep on my keychain.

skeletool:
    skeletool-blade.jpg

I just ordered a cold steel Recon for work carry:
    cold-steel-recon-1-clip-point-plain-2010-model.jpg

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    My EDC is a Benchmade 581S with M390 Supersteel.

2012-01-03133649-2.jpg

I have a left-handed HEST 2.0 on order with the knife center for hiking, camping and hunting.

RCHESTFOLDERA.jpg

How u like that 581s? I was thinking about gettin that to go with my mini barrage but I can't get over how crap the grips are. It's a good knife just feels cheap and I broke the side of it when my clip caught my seatbelt once. Gotta send it back for lifesharp...

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    How u like that 581s? I was thinking about gettin that to go with my mini barrage but I can't get over how crap the grips are. It's a good knife just feels cheap and I broke the side of it when my clip caught my seatbelt once. Gotta send it back for lifesharp...

So far, I'm really happy with it. It takes a bit of work to get a good edge on it, but once it's there, it holds up really well.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I don't have any pics of it, but my EDC is a Kershaw Clash. Really good knife for relatively cheap. Really happy with it, and I'm not afraid to really use it.

scaled.php

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys

My first big dawg multitool. Last two were by Kobalt and Winchester, they couldn't touch this new Leatherman. Then my utility knife for cutting cable jackets, carpet, rubber mat, boxes, tape, myself etc. The comb is for taming my sad excuse for a moustache. :D:D

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I work for a big company. Metal knives are banned where I work. You can't even have a metal butter knife. :mad54:

So.....

Attachments

• 31IF9tG2QzL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
      31IF9tG2QzL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
      13.2 KB · Views: 352

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    My well used Leatherman Wave that my kids bought me 5 years ago for Father's Day.

Attachments

• Leatherman Wave.jpg
      Leatherman Wave.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 347

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    This was my work knife when my job less cubicle oriented and a little more interesting.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328402563.596747.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328402563.596747.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 303

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    I'm actually fairly amazed at this thing. I expected it to be a large, gimmick knife that's more of a conversation piece than useful. Wrong. As soon as I got it out of the case and heard that loud snap of the lock engaging, i felt different. The thing has absolutely no play side to side or front and back when locked. It's smooth to open and centered perfectly . The handle feels like it's stuck to your hand.

The pocket clip places the knife deep enough in your pocket, that you don't really notice you're carrying a knife as freakishly big as it is. It doesn't look like anything more than my spec elicte when it's in my pocket. The downside is that it's too deep in my pocket to grab in a jiffy and use the wave feature of the thumb tab. To solve this, I just cut a small length of shoelace and put it on the end. Now, my pinky can just loop in and pull up. as the knife is drawn up, the rest of my hand gets ahold of the handle and the blade's deployed by the thumb tab.

It came shaving-sharp in the box. It was sharper than my benchmades came from the factory. I still sharpened it myself and polished up the edge, but i didn't nneeeeeeeeed to.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    View attachment 52118
    View attachment 52119
    View attachment 52120
    I'm actually fairly amazed at this thing. I expected it to be a large, gimmick knife that's more of a conversation piece than useful. Wrong. As soon as I got it out of the case and heard that loud snap of the lock engaging, i felt different. The thing has absolutely no play side to side or front and back when locked. It's smooth to open and centered perfectly . The handle feels like it's stuck to your hand.

The pocket clip places the knife deep enough in your pocket, that you don't really notice you're carrying a knife as freakishly big as it is. It doesn't look like anything more than my spec elicte when it's in my pocket. The downside is that it's too deep in my pocket to grab in a jiffy and use the wave feature of the thumb tab. To solve this, I just cut a small length of shoelace and put it on the end. Now, my pinky can just loop in and pull up. as the knife is drawn up, the rest of my hand gets ahold of the handle and the blade's deployed by the thumb tab.

It came shaving-sharp in the box. It was sharper than my benchmades came from the factory. I still sharpened it myself and polished up the edge, but i didn't nneeeeeeeeed to.

If it had a blood groove, it would be perfect :cool:

Kotyaer

Jan 14, 2012
    ESVA
    My Buck Whittaker (with obligatory snapped off tip) has been in constant use at work for around 7 years.

View attachment 49617

As someone who's sold hundreds of those... You might have the wrong product name, or it changed over the years. I sold them under the name "X-Tract" for about 5 years. Here's the product page:
    http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=product.detail&productID=2930

So they likely have the parts you need.

Edit:

My EDC used to be an Emerson CQC-15, non-serrated.
    EK2002.jpg
    Carried it up in NY. Haven't had enough reason to carry it down here yet. I just leave a multi-tool in the glove box and carry my Surefire E2D-LED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom