Lets hear some stories. What got you into C&R?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Brother brought home a Westinghouse 1891 Mosin Nagant from High School.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Realizing I could get an M1 that my friends and I saw in our favorite movies and videogames blew my mind. I saved all my teenage job money and my friend and I got our dads to fill out the cmp paperwork for a service grade when we were 16. Best day ever when those arrived

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Couple reasons. I really liked S&W wheel guns. And with MD collector paper and Fed FFL03, I was very picky that seller recognized my FFL03, and would ship direct to my mailbox via USPS PRIORITY 2ND DAY. Worked out well. Now, my entire collection has been Will bequests to my off spring, now all over 50 years young, and trained and educated in "The Way of the Firearm", and all now living out of MD. It has been a fun ride.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    Always wanted older firearms from the 2 big wars. @2004 got the C&R and well we know how that goes.lol. Started hitting all the shows from Harrisburg to Richmond for a few years till the toys started to dry up and I got most of what I wanted. A few hole are still there but MD laws and $$$ of them keep me looking. I love the old firearms, just wish they could talk.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've always liked history and old things. Plus it felt like a stick in the eye for MD ordering handguns and having them shipped to my front door. Well, also easier shopping out of state too.

I actually only have a handful of C&R left. P1, Cz50, Colt OP, Garand, Carbine, and 1903A3. I'll collect more, but I had to downsize with the divorce I have in process. It'll likely be a few years though. I'd really like a 1911A1, and I might get that for myself as a divorce present. Most of the C&R I want these days is $$$, and that just ain't happening for a few years. A couple of cheaper guns I want that are non-C&R that are going to take priority. I really want a Howa mini in 300BO and a bolt gun in 22lr.

I might pickup a Hi Power or Walther PP/PPK in 32acp that is C&R at some point. I am going to let my FFL03 expire this spring rather than renew, as I am likely finalizing the divorce this winter, and then moving spring or summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom