• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I'll help fund the introduction into Howard County of the first breeding Wolf, Cougar or Bobcat pair.
    Not kidding.

CYA edit: assuming the introduction was done through state or local wildlife agencies etc...

Last edited:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I think it is a great idea. Once the herd is thinned and domesticated animals and children start disappearing, we could all hunt wolves! What's not to like?

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I think it is a great idea. Once the herd is thinned and domesticated animals and children start disappearing, we could all hunt wolves! What's not to like?

I lived in an rural area once (Southern tip of Illinois, 1978-79 timeframe) where they had a terrible feral dog problem. There were organized feral dog hunts following a child being mauled by a dog as she waited for a school bus.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    HC-I guess years of dealing with rabid anti hunters and the way they think had me taking it seriously. This is literally the kind of thing they would propose to get rid of hunting, I have hear much wackier things come out of their mouths.

I had never heard of "Modest Proposal" or Jonathan Swift.

Sorry I am a gullible moron.

The graceful recovery would have been to say your original post was made in the same satirical spirit... :)

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Author is baiting those whom he knows will read with blinders on, and are nodding yes to thinking wolves in Howard County are a great idea. Also amused (or annoyed?) that there are those who have the idea that hunting by people doesn't have any place in the grand scheme of things. He's laughing either way.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Author is baiting those whom he knows will read with blinders on, and are nodding yes to thinking wolves in Howard County are a great idea. Also amused (or annoyed?) that there are those who have the idea that hunting by people doesn't have any place in the grand scheme of things. He's laughing either way.

If God had wanted us to eat meat he wouldn't have created us as vegetarians. Then again, we aren't faced with eternal damnation because Eve shot a rabbit to feed Adam. ;)

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Incredible isn't it?

All fun and games with some of these people. That is, until little Sally in her brand spanking new Columbia Mall Oshkosh B'Gosh romper gets hauled into the woods by the wolf looking for a house warming present for it's new "habitat".

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    That article is pretty funny. They should also release cobras into sewers to take care of the rat problem.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I'm in favor of re-introducing all species that were hunted to extinction east of the Mississippi, from buffalo to river otters to wolves. I kind of like them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom