Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Finally got my buffer tube and stock!

So I finally got the buffer tube and stock (Thanks Joe Bob!) and thought I would put them on. Still a dry fit, but its time to do the final.

Oh, the second pic is for those who liked my bedding! :lol2:

Attachments

• full dry fit 2.jpg
      full dry fit 2.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 350
    • full dry fit 1.jpg
      full dry fit 1.jpg
      91.8 KB · Views: 356

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    I'm working on #8 and #9 now, getting parts and such.

Awesome! post some pictures... I love seing what everyone else has done with their builds.

Right now I'm at a stand still because I've been trying to find a place where I could dimple the barrel and pin and weld the BC on.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Awesome! post some pictures... I love seing what everyone else has done with their builds.

Right now I'm at a stand still because I've been trying to find a place where I could dimple the barrel and pin and weld the BC on.

Scott's does that. I'm still waiting on my H&K style stock and my smith is cutting my new barrel and fitting a new FSB on it. Four weeks on both :sad20:

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Scott's does that. I'm still waiting on my H&K style stock and my smith is cutting my new barrel and fitting a new FSB on it. Four weeks on both :sad20:

Where is Scott's?

That sucks you have to wait that long, but I'm sure it will be worth it! :party29:

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    I know, I'm resurrecting my old thread but I am finally going to finish my rifle! Thanks to the furlough and the availability of parts, it got pushed off till now.

I'm picking up my barrel and upper tomorrow from Bollingers (great people!). The only things left is to set the gas block, torque the barrel nut, install gas tube, reinstall handguard, and torque the castle nut. I'm sure I'm missing something...

So my final questions...
    Where can I get rocksett? I know I'll need some blue loctite for the other areas. Is there any other lube, grease, loctite, etc that I will need?

And Jrumann... I'm calling on your assistance. Let me know if your still up for helping this noob!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Permatex thread locker Green is available at Walmart or an auto parts store. I'm told that Permatex bought Locktite and that thread locker Green is the same product as locktite 290. I'm sure someone else will chime in on this.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Permatex thread locker Green is available at Walmart or an auto parts store. I'm told that Permatex bought Locktite and that thread locker Green is the same product as locktite 290. I'm sure someone else will chime in on this.

Thanks! I'll have to look into permatex green.

Rocksett anyone? Is there any place that carries it local? I'm going to need it for my gas block.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Ok, just need to torque the barrel nut and castle nut!

God I'm going nuts not being able to shoot my rifle. Literally I'm not sleeping well in anticipation! Did anyone else feel this way with their first build?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom