• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    Apologies if this has been discussed, I didn't find anything on a quick search here.... EPA is closing down a 100+ year old lead smelting plant at the end of this year... Actually, let me rephrase, the plant is closing, so they don't have to pay approx. 100 million dollars in upgrades and fines to the EPA.

In the few articles I have found (just google lead plant closing) this may have a toll on ammunition, and we may have another "crisis" upon us....

But in another article, Sierra bullets is quoted in saying that this will have a small effect, but none that will hurt the ammunition supply and demand..... Yet, some conspiracy articles ( which just really amuses me ) claim that the governments billion dollar/ammunition buy was a direct result from this prominent lead factory shut down.

Whatever the case may be... Whether this is just BS or not..... Just stock up folks, and stock up well....

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    It should have no effect on ammo manufacturers. They don't get their lead from that plant.

But, by no means am I saying people shouldn't stock up. Preparedness goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom