• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    There will be an FFL on site to facilitate transfers. My friend is one and he did the same thing at the last two buybacks this state had. He picked up some cool stuff too. He found a 1903 colt pistol in great condition.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    "This initiative will help us to prevent a tragedy in the City of Laurel and the surrounding area," Police Chief Richard McLaughlin says. "As a result of the Gun Buy-back/Turn-in, someone’s life will undoubtedly be saved.”
    Thank God

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've often thought about buying a dozen or so of those C&R Tokarev frames/parts guns in the $30 range to "turn in" at these buy back events. But, I just think they are screwing the average Joe with these buy backs, so even though I might be able to make some cash, I refuse to do it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'd like to know many crimes or gun accidents occurred because people had guns that they didn't really want in their homes.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I'd like to know many crimes or gun accidents occurred because people had guns that they didn't really want in their homes.

They do these things under the guise of public safety but always say the person dropping off the gun can remain anonymous. Suppose the gun is indeed connected to a crime? As far as solving crimes and getting justice, what good is a gun with no name attached to it? It makes no sense to me. I totally get that there are some folks that are scared of guns and don't want them in their homes...it's the motive and logic behind these efforts that astound me.

watts

Jun 17, 2013
    moco
    Initially, these buy backs were for getting guns off the "streets". People who acquired them illegally could get rid of them without fear of repercussion. It's pretty clear when you look at what is turned in and how many are non-functioning that they miss the original intent. It's just another example of politicians appearing like they are doing something.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I never got these programs. If you don't want a gun why wouldn't you just resell it to a gun shop or a pawn shop?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    There will be an FFL on site to facilitate transfers. My friend is one and he did the same thing at the last two buybacks this state had. He picked up some cool stuff too. He found a 1903 colt pistol in great condition.

How would I notice the FFL if there.
    I might drive over.

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    The majority of the firearms turned in at these events are junk. Old shotguns, revolvers, and bolt action rifles that are falling apart.

More of a political statement for the liberals and something for the media to feed on.

Feb 9, 2013
    I'd rather sell a gun for next-to-nothing or part it out than turn it in to make these idiots feel good about themselves.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Hope there are tv cameras around and tell the nearest reporter that the mayor just bought you a new glock and thank him and the good people of laurel for buying it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom