• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordfan

Oct 24, 2010
    AA county
    I have no experience with the Lane, but have you considered the Bowers VERS50

I am also looking into supressors for my 458 socom. I think I may go with the Bowers.

Fordfan

Oct 24, 2010
    AA county
    Any warranty with Lane?

Can you let us know when they come in. I am very interested in options besides the Bowers. I am mostly interested in the full Titanium version.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Any warranty with Lane?

Can you let us know when they come in. I am very interested in options besides the Bowers. I am mostly interested in the full Titanium version.

Yes, Lane warranties all of their products. Just call them up and talk to Cory, he's a solid guy. I'll keep you posted when the next batch of cans arrive.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The all stainless model is $500, the titanium is $850. They also make a model that has a stainless core & endcap with a titanium tube for around $650.

The prices are fantastic. They look like nice cans. How is the sound suppression? If that is my main concern, do these stack up to AAC or Saker? I am looking to buy a 5.56 and .30 rifle can in the next month or so.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    The prices are fantastic. They look like nice cans. How is the sound suppression? If that is my main concern, do these stack up to AAC or Saker? I am looking to buy a 5.56 and .30 rifle can in the next month or so.

I may know of a place where you could try a few cans side by side...

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    I'm in a similar boat: have been considering a .30 cal suppressor that I could also possibly use for dirty 545.

I had never heard of Lane but their take-apart Scorpion King and Scorpion S30 look like they fit the bill. Do you stock those as well and if so, what do you sell them for?

Also possibly interested in the 458 although the Lane website doesn't have sound reduction specs up yet. Do you know how it performs on .45 acp and .308?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope you will follow up with a short review to this thread to let us know what you think.

Will do. I'm itching for a rifle suppressor. SBR .300 BLK in the works. With what the Lane suppressors cost, I'll get a .30 and a 5.56. I was thinking of just buying a single suppressor this summer. Fingers crossed they are as quiet as the website implies. They seem on par at least with AAC. The only thing that I don't like is the lack of a QD mount.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope you will follow up with a short review to this thread to let us know what you think.

Compared the Lane suppressors to AAC in .30 caliber (using .308 and subsonic .300 BLK) and in .223.

The Lane suppressors are well built. They lack a QD mount, so thread directly to the barrel. Not a deal-breaker for me. The Lane still kept everything hearing-safe. I wanted to like the Lane's because I could pick up 2 for almost the cost of one AAC suppressor. I found the AAC suppressors notably quieter on all the platforms. After a side by side test, I will not be purchasing a Lane suppressor.

Big thanks to Vince and the guys at Duffy's for taking the time. I'll see you next month after my bonus comes in to do some shopping. :D

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Compared the Lane suppressors to AAC in .30 caliber (using .308 and subsonic .300 BLK) and in .223.

The Lane suppressors are well built. They lack a QD mount, so thread directly to the barrel. Not a deal-breaker for me. The Lane still kept everything hearing-safe. I wanted to like the Lane's because I could pick up 2 for almost the cost of one AAC suppressor. I found the AAC suppressors notably quieter on all the platforms. After a side by side test, I will not be purchasing a Lane suppressor.

Big thanks to Vince and the guys at Duffy's for taking the time. I'll see you next month after my bonus comes in to do some shopping. :D

What host guns did you try them on? Hearing safe... that's always a misnomer in my mind. I believe the industry standard for hearing safe is anything below 140db. For me, all supersonic loads I've ever tested, in my own personal experience, have never been hearing safe for prolong periods of shooting. For me a suppressor would have to magically get a supersonic round down to 127db consistently to be truly hearing safe for prolong usage. This is not a critique of your choice of suppressor, but just a personal opinion of mine. I honestly buy suppressors so to not piss of my neighbors. If I can get a .308 or 30-06 to sound like a load 22, then that's worth it to me... a lot! However, the sound level next to the firearm, albeit below 140db, to my ears is NOT hearing safe, and therefore I still wear hearing protection. Just something to think about, when it comes to what you're really trying to accomplish out of your suppressors.

Two cents deposited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom