• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ETH092

Aug 29, 2010
    Harford County
    From what I hear federal is fulfilling military contracts at the moment. Should be seeing price drops on lake city stuff by the first week of July. Just a heads up so nobody fools around with these nutty prices.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    From what I hear federal is fulfilling military contracts at the moment. Should be seeing price drops on lake city stuff by the first week of July. Just a heads up so nobody fools around with these nutty prices.

Will this be M193? I thought I read somewhere that M855 was replacing M193 for all military contracts, from now on.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Will this be M193? I thought I read somewhere that M855 was replacing M193 for all military contracts, from now on.

Is it?

I thought M193 was better for an anti-personell round than the M855 due to the 55grs having a higher tendency to tumble.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Is it?

I thought M193 was better for an anti-personell round than the M855 due to the 55grs having a higher tendency to tumble.

It is, but the military made the dumb choice of using M855 as their primary ammunition.

They still use XM193 for training and reserves last I checked.

keepshooting

Aug 22, 2009
    Waldorf
    XM193

We get this in all the time...and sell it for $6.47/box. In fact, we're expecting around 25,000 rounds next week. It won't be all 20rd boxes, but its all XM193.

KeepShooting 5.56 Ammo Selection

I'd book mark that page, when we get 5.56 from Federal available, it usually sells out in 2-3 days max.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    The one time I decided to throw some cash to a local gun store, Freestate raped my wallet with $260/1000 price on 9mm ammo. It's $199 on that site... Last case I bought online was $160. Ammo prices are ridiculous these days. I might need a new hobby if this continues.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, my M193 finally came in from Brownells, 30c a round shipped. Not the cheapest stuff I've ever bought, but it'll be good for a reserve when election madness kicks in. First ammo I've ever bought with the NATO acceptance cross on the headstamp... pretty cool.

Wreckless

Mar 27, 2009
    Frederick
    Everytime this thread gets bumped I see the title and get excited. Then I realize it's the same old thread and the price isn't what's in the title..... :sad53:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom