• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I would be surprised if Kyle got anything except not going to jail.
    Not counting the long spell he DID spend in jail before his trial. And later (still?) paying for security arrangements, as he was getting no-stop death threats. And yes, enormous legal bills.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not counting the long spell he DID spend in jail before his trial. And later (still?) paying for security arrangements, as he was getting no-stop death threats. And yes, enormous legal bills.
    Wasn’t all this completely predictable? In the end, nothing was accomplished. I feel bad for him.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    "Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time of the shootings, conspired with law enforcement to cause harm to protestors."

What kind of wackadoodle crap is that!? All through that year with the BLM protests caused untold amounts of destruction, and there were deaths that went along with it - innocent people caught in the crossfire.
    trickg, you sound just like my initial thoughts.

When will this 2 faced, 2 tiered, screw America stuff end?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It is probably in response to this:

Kyle Rittenhouse launches nonprofit organization to battle gun control​

That would do it. Release the flesh eating lawfare attorneys to suck him dry. We can’t having him speaking his mind or advocating without also wondering where his next meal is coming from.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Has anyone ever gotten around to suing the BLM/Antifa crowd for the destruction they brought?

Any group suing Soros for the damage his hand-picked non-prosecuting prosecutors? Any victims of the thugs the DA turfed back into the street looking into civil liability?

I don't think so.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Just goes to show, no matter how right you are, if you decide to act, then make damn sure you don't get caught.
    It won't be long before people just start leaving the scenes of even legitimate self defense shootings. Perhaps less risk. Although with the proliferation of cameras and "citizen journalists" filming almost everything, facial recognition and full time smart phone tracking it might not work so well. I betcha Kyle sometimes thinks "what if..."

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It won't be long before people just start leaving the scenes of even legitimate self defense shootings. Perhaps less risk. Although with the proliferation of cameras and "citizen journalists" filming almost everything, facial recognition and full time smart phone tracking it might not work so well. I betcha Kyle sometimes thinks "what if..."
    It’s a good thing he didn’t. He’d have gone from exonerated self defender to criminal for what happened after the fact.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Kyle wrote a book to get out the truth since so many still tell lies and don't know the laws they say he violated. He was on Piers Morgan. For every step forward Piers takes, he must take about 20 backwards. What moronic questions he asked.

I will fault Kyle on one thing - he needs to learn that militias were every able-bodied male and that they were not government defined armies like the US Army or National Guard. Maybe I'm a moron, but I thought militias were citizens who fought together and had a chain of command, but they were not obligated by anyone and if trouble broke out at home, they were free to leave as they wished. Am I wrong?

Regardless, the questions were stupid attempts at gotchyas.

If I had a time machine, I'd do the meme thing and go back and tell the FFs to not just write it so a 5-year-old would understand, but to simply state it as "For the individual citizen to live free from tyranny, the right to own and carry arms shall not be infringed."

Last edited:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Kyle wrote a book to get out the truth since so many still tell lies and don't know the laws they say he violated. He was on Piers Morgan. For every step forward Piers takes, he must take about 20 backwards. What moronic questions he asked.

I will fault Kyle on one thing - he needs to learn that militias were every able-bodied male and that they were not government defined armies like the US Army or National Guard. Maybe I'm a moron, but I thought militias were citizens who fought together and had a chain of command, but they were not obligated by anyone and if trouble broke out at home, they were free to leave as they wished. Am I wrong?

Regardless, the questions were stupid attempts at gotchyas.

If I had a time machine, I'd do the meme thing and go back and tell the FFs to not just write it so a 5-year-old would understand, but to simply state it as "For the individual citizen to live free from tyranny, the right to own and carry arms shall not be infringed."

What's up with these clowns trying to change the narrative? Why is it that they can't accept the facts for what they are?

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    If I had a time machine, I'd do the meme thing and go back and tell the FFs to not just write it so a 5-year-old would understand, but to simply state it as "For the individual citizen to live free from tyranny, the right to own and carry arms shall not be infringed. "
    Not simple enough.

I'd add
    For the individual citizen to live free from tyranny from their own government, the right to own and carry arms shall not be infringed. "

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I wonder if KR could join the US armed forces?
    I'm pretty sure he'd get flagged at MEPS with the recruit questionnaire with questions like:
    Have you ever been arrested?
    Have you ever been charged with a felony?

You know, little stuff like that. :lol2:

Unrelated, but true story regarding my experience at MEPS, getting back into the Army Guard after a 10 year break in service in 2015 when I was almost 45 years old. Keep in mind, the folks at MEPS read you the riot act when it comes to the questionnaire - they want to be sure you fill it out completely and honestly.

I get to the question:
    Have you ever had speeding tickets? If yes, how many?

So I'm sitting there thinking about it - at that point I'd had a driver's license almost 30 years, so yeah - I've had a ticket or two. :)

And so like a dolt, not even considering that tickets are gone from the system after 2 or 3 years and my last ticket had been at least 10 years prior, (and also forgetting that MEPS is typically structured for 17–21-year-old recruits where it might matter, not 45-year-old middle-aged men) I do a quick tally of all the speeding tickets I'd managed to garner during that time, and I jot down my answers:

Yes/5.

Later my recruiter calls me, and I can actually hear him face-palming on the other end of the line, and he says, "they want to know when and where you got your speeding tickets. They actually want dates."

I was incredulous - keep in mind that this was 2015, and the first ticket I got was in 1993, more than 20 years prior - but I'd said yes and given a number, and so I was on the hook to try to provide details.

Gotta love MEPS.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I'm pretty sure he'd get flagged at MEPS with the recruit questionnaire with questions like:
    Have you ever been arrested?
    Have you ever been charged with a felony?

You know, little stuff like that. :lol2:

Unrelated, but true story regarding my experience at MEPS, getting back into the Army Guard after a 10 year break in service in 2015 when I was almost 45 years old. Keep in mind, the folks at MEPS read you the riot act when it comes to the questionnaire - they want to be sure you fill it out completely and honestly.

I get to the question:
    Have you ever had speeding tickets? If yes, how many?

So I'm sitting there thinking about it - at that point I'd had a driver's license almost 30 years, so yeah - I've had a ticket or two. :)

And so like a dolt, not even considering that tickets are gone from the system after 2 or 3 years and my last ticket had been at least 10 years prior, (and also forgetting that MEPS is typically structured for 17–21-year-old recruits where it might matter, not 45-year-old middle-aged men) I do a quick tally of all the speeding tickets I'd managed to garner during that time, and I jot down my answers:

Yes/5.

Later my recruiter calls me, and I can actually hear him face-palming on the other end of the line, and he says, "they want to know when and where you got your speeding tickets. They actually want dates."

I was incredulous - keep in mind that this was 2015, and the first ticket I got was in 1993, more than 20 years prior - but I'd said yes and given a number, and so I was on the hook to try to provide details.

Gotta love MEPS.
    Arrested and charged but found not guilty; how can they hold that against KR?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Arrested and charged but found not guilty; how can they hold that against KR?
    I'm just saying that MEPS creates reasons to hold people up and possibly exclude them from joining the military. There once was a time when the military was a place where people could find a new path - for my father-in-law he chose the US Navy over going to jail.

Not anymore.

Now you almost have to be absolutely squeaky clean - your intelligence must pass a certain threshold, you can't have gotten into any trouble, and your health has to be nearly pristine.

I know a guy who got flagged because he was uncircumcised, and he'd had an orthoscopic shoulder surgery that he was 100% healed from. Dr. Loser (yes - his name was actually spelled that way, but supposedly it was pronounced "LO - shzur") was the head doc at Baltimore MEPS for years, and would find any medical reason he could to keep someone from getting in - he danged near kept me from getting back in.

In any case, joining the military is exponentially more difficult now than it once was, and it's fairly exclusionary. Kyle Rittenhouse would have issues getting through MEPS, guaranteed.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ...I know a guy who got flagged because he was uncircumcised, and he'd had an orthoscopic shoulder surgery that he was 100% healed from. Dr. Loser (yes - his name was actually spelled that way, but supposedly it was pronounced "LO - shzur") was the head doc at Baltimore MEPS for years, and would find any medical reason he could to keep someone from getting in - he danged near kept me from getting back in.

In any case, joining the military is exponentially more difficult now than it once was, and it's fairly exclusionary. Kyle Rittenhouse would have issues getting through MEPS, guaranteed.

I wanted much to go to war and went to be examined.
    The surgeon looked me o'er and o'er; my back and chest he hammered.
    Said he, "You're not the man for me: your lungs are much affected,
    And likewise both your eyes are cocked, and otherwise defective. "

So now I'm with the Invalids and cannot go and fight sir.
    The Doctor told me so, you know: of course it must be right sir!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom