• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    That doesn't make any sense. Under normal circumstances we should have had our decision back in June or July. Petition for cert in Friedman wasn't filed until the end of July. If we're going to speculate them acting based on SCOTUS, they're probably holding it up so SCOTUS won't be able to hear this case until the October 2016 term.

the 7th's decision came out in April so the 4th knew it was going to SCOTUS

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    That doesn't make any sense. Under normal circumstances we should have had our decision back in June or July. Petition for cert in Friedman wasn't filed until the end of July. If we're going to speculate them acting based on SCOTUS, they're probably holding it up so SCOTUS won't be able to hear this case until the October 2016 term.

sure it does. they are gov't employees. they delay everything and make little things big things so they can justify their existence.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    3% +/- of it being 2 weeks.

14-ghost-mania-scarecrow-field-2p-party-mode-double-combo.png

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Is it ok for me to get impatient yet? Last time I expressed my frustration, I was told that I should have no expectation of expediency for the court to reach a decision.
    I've been told the same thing here.

Like, "good things come to those who wait", etc.

Issue is, I waited semi-patiently during Woollard (which took entirely too fuggin long), and,.... a "good thing" didn't happen.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Is it ok for me to get impatient yet? Last time I expressed my frustration, I was told that I should have no expectation of expediency for the court to reach a decision.
    It is quite ok imo. I'm just as frustrated as you and since ianal, I don't comprehend why an opinion has not been issued after 9 months.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm smelling something funny...

Mind you, I have no knowledge of any details, but look at the snow job we were just handed today.

The new rules were not 'developed in a meeting yesterday' as al-Hawai'i would have us believe, but have been in the works for some time.

I would sure hope that there isn't collusion and direction to the Court... We're supposed to be better than that.

We know the Administration is slanted, but the Court shouldn't be.

It is 'out there', I admit... but I'm not the first one to wonder.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm smelling something funny...

Mind you, I have no knowledge of any details, but look at the snow job we were just handed today.

The new rules were not 'developed in a meeting yesterday' as al-Hawai'i would have us believe, but have been in the works for some time.

I would sure hope that there isn't collusion and direction to the Court... We're supposed to be better than that.

We know the Administration is slanted, but the Court shouldn't be.

It is 'out there', I admit... but I'm not the first one to wonder.

Ever the optimist... :D

Maybe I was a Professional Paranoid for to long.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There is always a chance?

It's not a question of whether we have a chance... it's whether we have a big chance.

There was a lot of optimism after oral arguments. The time though does not make me optimistic. The twistier the logic, the longer the time to write the opinion. Of course, if the overturn the law this case goes en banc and maybe then SCT, almost assuredly. So, the optimist would say they are taking extra time to write a solid opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom