• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This next MGA session is gonna be one for the books. I'm afraid my friends, this is just going to be the beginning to a very upsetting upcoming year.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    More laws coming ,, they got their inch now comes the mile? Frosh would be dumb not to try.
    I'm now waiting for the "We need more money to fight" emails. Where's that gerrymandering thread, any chance with this at all?

Toss this thread like rusty steel casings and I fear an MDS Real Estate section may be beneficial? Rant done.

yep.

nothing stops confiscation. SCOTUS will not take such a case. Only a matter of time before Australia-style gun control comes to Maryland. There is no way to stop it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    We can thank MSI and others who were against the referendum . The courts will be on our side they said. We didn't fight this to win we did this for some egos and the only egos that got boosted today are right now writing more infringements .

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    We can thank MSI and others who were against the referendum . The courts will be on our side they said. We didn't fight this to win we did this for some egos and the only egos that got boosted today are right now writing more infringements .

If your only alternative is a referendum, you have no other alternative.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD

Respectfully, I disagree. The voters in Maryland would not have voted to overturn the law. The gun owning community in this state is just too small, and the makeup of the voters leans too far to the liberal/progressive/anti-gun side of the spectrum.

Get outside of the gun-owning community, even just a little, and it becomes totally obvious that we would have been crushed. All you have to do is remember that will be the same folks who voted for the gerrymandered district map. As a state, we are toast.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Sutherland Springs
    Las Vegas
    Orlando
    San Bernardino
    Aurora
    Sandy Hook
    Etc...

The issue with AR platform weapons and detachable magazines is just too hot for SCOTUS to take on with the current composition of justices. Notice there was no dissent from either of the 2A homeboys Thomas or Gorsuch.

So it's official now. The Second Amendment is a second class right at this moment.

I can hear Frosh now saying, "Let the bannings and confications begin!"

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    So what happens if the court does change composition? Can they dredge this case up and decide to hear it, or does the process start all over again with a new case?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm a bit disappointed...but not surprised. As others have pointed out, neither side wants SCOTUS to take a 2A case when it's a flip of a coin how Kennedy will rule. Better to wait until things are certain.

I'll add that I've always thought the smarter route to be Federal legislation, not litigation. Though with the GOP Congressional majority needing a good caning, that's not too appealing these days.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    I don't believe there is enough data to say that it is a purely political institution. There are certainly cases that do appear to be political, but most of them are not. This case has been litigated at least 4 times (DC, NY, CT, Highland Park) with the same conclusion. I am not sure why you think this case was appreciable different.

It differs appreciably in the reasoning it used to uphold the law.

How does this case appreciably differ from Caetano, save for that?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

When I was on the board I never said this and if anyone did, they shouldn't have.

I opposed the referendum because we don't put rights to a plebiscite and we were destined to lose anyway.

You're out numbered in Maryland. Until that changes, it's perpetually downhill. If you couldn't beat the handgun roster with a vote you sure as hell weren't going to beat a rifle ban with 25 years of lurching to the left since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom