• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Thanks.

I had not thought of canned hams. And they aren't too bad.

I like spam. And have Hormel chili around. And Dinty Moore. And canned tuna and chicken.

Once the rush is over, I will get some cases of canned meat.

DAK canned hams are a staple of long term meat storage. Usually cheaper than spam. I eat both but DAK seem to be preferred in online discussions. I'm thinking I need some of the bigger cans of ground beef once things get back to normal. Feeding a family off just rice and beans will get old quick when the world ends again

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    DAK canned hams are a staple of long term meat storage. Usually cheaper than spam. I eat both but DAK seem to be preferred in online discussions. I'm thinking I need some of the bigger cans of ground beef once things get back to normal. Feeding a family off just rice and beans will get old quick when the world ends again

I want to bag up some quantities of Survival Soup. I figured I would also do some dried or canned meat to add to the soup.

https://jillcataldo.com/survivalsoup/

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I have a bunch of canned corned beef/bully beef I got from my parent's basement when I cleared their house out back in the Summer of '05. I've been saving it for TEOTWAWKI, and this might be as close as I ever get.

Anyway, there are no dates on the cans. My father died in 2000, so it's no newer than the nineties, could easily be from the eighties. 25 - 30 years old, say.

So one of these days soon I'm going to try it. I don't have any potatoes, but i appreciate any simple recipes.

I do have a propane stove and a bathrobe...

Well last night I cooked up a can of 30 year old bully beef with hash browns and onions and I et it with fried eggs.

I'm still alive.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Hi guys! This is Threeband's wife!

Just letting you know, he like, started vomiting last night, and this morning I found him dead on the bathroom floor in a pool of vomit.

Probably something he ate...

Anyway, I guess I have to get rid of all his damn guns. He told me he only paid like $50 for most of them. I think he got ripped off. But would it be wrong for me to ask $50 each for them, so I can break even? I am a poor lonely widow now, and if I have to start dating again, I'm going to need lots of new shoes and lingerie.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

Just letting you know, he like, started vomiting last night, and this morning I found him dead on the bathroom floor in a pool of vomit.

Anyway, I guess I have to get rid of all his damn guns. He told me he only paid like $50 for most of them. I think he got ripped off. But would it be wrong for me to ask $50 each for them, so I can break even? I am a poor lonely widow now, and if I have to start dating again, I'm going to need lots of new shoes and lingerie.
    Great news MSThriceBanned

We have an MDStradition for DEARLY departed members. It’s called KARMA.

PM me and I’ll handle the whole thing for you. You’ll never feel the same after all the good karma our tradition produces.

PS. So very sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

So glad I called dibs!!!!

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Over the last few weeks I`ve picked up 15 family size Dinty Moore Beef Stew and 8 cans of corned beef and hash. My kids keep trying to raid the prep stash. Love that stuff!

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    [Kev308];5890382 said:
    Over the last few weeks I`ve picked up 15 family size Dinty Moore Beef Stew and 8 cans of corned beef and hash. My kids keep trying to raid the prep stash. Love that stuff!

It's nice, cool and crisp outside with a breeze that is steadily increasing.

This morning is the PERFECT morning to fry up a can of corned beef hash outside, using a single propane burner stove, on the trucks tailgate, in your bathrobe and flip flops. :thumbsup: Fry it up hard and then push to the side in the skillet, and crack open a couple of eggs and fry up those suckers too! Eat raught outta the skillet... save on dishes.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's nice, cool and crisp outside with a breeze that is steadily increasing.

This morning is the PERFECT morning to fry up a can of corned beef hash outside, using a single propane burner stove, on the trucks tailgate, in your bathrobe and flip flops. :thumbsup: Fry it up hard and then push to the side in the skillet, and crack open a couple of eggs and fry up those suckers too! Eat raught outta the skillet... save on dishes.

Fried onions mixed into the hash. I like my slimy, sloppy eggs on top of my hash with ketchup. :yummy:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Screw the guns! What are you doing later today? :brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom