• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    FCSO already has some type of volunteer program (I think they assist with non arrest things like traffic and fingerprinting.)

However, I do like your suggestion. IMHO Unions will vigorously oppose
    it though. Less union jobs and dues for union bosses, even if it may benefit the public.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    FCSO already has some type of volunteer program (I think they assist with non arrest things like traffic and fingerprinting.)

However, I do like your suggestion. IMHO Unions will vigorously oppose
    it though. Less union jobs and dues for union bosses, even if it may benefit the public.

But if we could be deputized, none of SB281 would apply to said volunteers.

Stick it to Annapolis and multiply your force - all for the price of training. :D that's a platform I could get behind!

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    CJ

hy6u8u7y.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chuck had the balls to stand up at the SB281 hearings and defend our rights and let them know he would never confiscate.

Last edited:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    This isn't as easy of a choice as it would seem. I've only been a Frederick resident since 2011 but it looks like either candidate would be a win for 2A rights? Right?

Jenkins clearly supports 2A, as does Grubb.

I think the question comes down to whether you want "more of the same" from Jenkins or a fresh energetic "get it done" Sheriff. I worked with Grubb and know he is a common sense, practical, reasonable, goal-oriented leader.

He's a long time Frederick County resident and police officer. He worked his way to the top from the ground up and was instrumental in many improvements to the Department and the working conditions there.

Research both candidates, pros and cons. I think you'll vote Grubb if you do.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    ... I fully support citizens’ right to receive CCW permits, after meeting the requirements currently in place...

...Your last question about signing off on a suppressor, I would need more information from the applicant before making a decision and signing ATF form 4 Section 17...

If I didn’t already support Sherriff Jenkins for re-election, the above hedging and political double speak (admittedly edited) would solidify my decision.

I've personally witnessed Sherriff Jenkins testify in Annapolis at least twice against SB281, Handgun Qualification Licenses and firearm restrictions. If you aren’t a prohibited person, you shouldn’t have to beg a bureaucrat to be able to exercise a right.

I don’t recall seeing Mr. Grubb there or hearing his written or verbal testimony -If I am wrong, please correct me.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    If I didnt already support Sherriff Jenkins for re-election, the above hedging and political double speak (admittedly edited) would solidify my decision.

I've personally witnessed Sherriff Jenkins testify in Annapolis at least twice against SB281, Handgun Qualification Licenses and firearm restrictions.

I don’t recall seeing Mr. Grubb there or hearing his written or verbal testimony -If I am wrong, please correct me.

Jenkins was in Annapolis at least twice testifying prior to actually being elected Sheriff?

You're against a CLEO actually meeting with someone prior to them signing a Form 4?

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Sherriff

2sam22, why is your location Texas.
    Why do you fly the texas flag.
    If you are from texas, why are you a moderator on a Maryland forum.

Just Curious !!!

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    2sam22, why is your location Texas.
    I spent over 40 years in Maryland. I lived my entire life there until last year when I retired from police work. I then moved my family to Texas.

Why do you fly the texas flag.
    Texas pride. And I live in Texas.

If you are from texas, why are you a moderator on a Maryland forum.

Just Curious !!!

I'm not from Texas, I'm from Maryland but I live in Texas.
    Why a moderator? For the salary and benefits of course. :party29:

In the end, you Frederick folk will have to make up your own minds and vote your conscience on this issue. Your vote counts and may impact your quality of life as Frederick continues to grow.

I had some inside info on the question asked by the OP and decided to let it be known. I didn't have to do so, and I certainly wasn't asked to do so. I could have left it alone, but I think Frederick can do no better than Kevin Grubb. Nothing personal against Jenkins, but I know what Kevin brings to the table. I know where he's been and what he's accomplished.

If Grubb doesn't get the nod there is no doubt he'll succeed at whatever he chooses to do.

Last edited:

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Sherriff

2sam22, I do not know Mr. Grubb.
    I do know Mr. Jenkins and that is why I support him.
    The reason I asked the questions about your location is that I am sensitive about non Marylanders influencing MD politics. I feel if you are not a resident then you have no business making comments about Maryland politics.
    Mr. Bloomberg seems to be doing the same thing.

8mm

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007

Vice Versa goes for me.

The reason I asked the questions about your location is that I am sensitive about non Marylanders influencing MD politics. I feel if you are not a resident then you have no business making comments about Maryland politics.

8mm[/QUOTE]

Mr. Nugent seems to be doing the same thing.

BTW, I'm providing information based upon the OP. You can choose for yourself whether you're influenced or not.

I do, however, find it interesting that you would prefer I keep quiet about both candidates. It appears that you aren't so confident Jenkins campaign can withstand scrutiny and a very capable opponent.

Over and out.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Vice Versa goes for me.

8mm

Mr. Nugent seems to be doing the same thing.

BTW, I'm providing information based upon the OP. You can choose for yourself whether you're influenced or not.

I do, however, find it interesting that you would prefer I keep quiet about both candidates. It appears that you aren't so confident Jenkins campaign can withstand scrutiny and a very capable opponent.

Over and out.[/QUOTE]

Given the knowledge that I already have, I'd be willing to listen to what you have to say. I'm going to vote for Jenkins, unless better info comes my way. Here is your chance.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Kevin Grubb for Sheriff
    MAJOR CRIME IN ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY INCREASED IN FREDERICK COUNTY IN 2013

Crime shot up in every category. In a statement released with the data, Frederick County Sheriff Chuck Jenkins called increases in thefts and burglaries a reflection of “similar statewide and regional trends." Is this what we want for our county and local communities?

Jenkins related the overall increase in crime to an explosion in heroin and other drug crimes in the county. "We're taking on a greater call volume," Jenkins said in a phone interview with The Frederick News-Post.

EVERY neighboring county reported a DECREASE in crime in 2013, compared with 2012.

MORE Homicides, MORE thefts, MORE Robberies, MORE Assaults, MORE stolen autos, MORE burglaries equals time for a change and NOW.

VOTE Kevin Grubb for Sheriff on June 24, 2014. We can’t afford another 4 years with no plan and accountability. Please share this post with your friends and neighbors in Frederick County.

(I realize Prince Georges County is not our neighbor, but I wanted to show you their success in 2013)

Attachments

• grubb.jpg
      grubb.jpg
      22.4 KB · Views: 77

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    What if...
    Is it possible that many citizens of the outer counties are moving into Frederick because:
    1. It is somewhat more affordable to live here while maintaining commutable distance to work;
    2. The people moving in are also bringing their lifestyle and friends;
    3. As the county sees increase in population, the rate of crime possibly reflects rise in populous; and
    4. Frederick is a good hub for illegal activities since it is close to baltimore and d.c. To the west and north?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

8mm

+1+1 Yep. I agree. I know Sheriff Jenkins and have had many personal conversations about Sheriff's job and protection of the Bill of Rights and not just 2A. I will not jump ship just because a new guy comes along.

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014
    What if...
    Is it possible that many citizens of the outer counties are moving into Frederick because:
    1. It is somewhat more affordable to live here while maintaining commutable distance to work;
    2. The people moving in are also bringing their lifestyle and friends;
    3. As the county sees increase in population, the rate of crime possibly reflects rise in populous; and
    4. Frederick is a good hub for illegal activities since it is close to baltimore and d.c. To the west and north?

While waiting for our house to be built (don't even get me started) in 2012, my family and I leased a townhouse at Frederick Villas off Crestwood Blvd. We paid $1600 per month to live in a hotbed of drug-dealing, gangsta-wannabes and Fredneckery rivaled only by the ******** that we had left behind in HoCo. We finally got outta there in September 2012, six months longer than we planned. I'm convinced that all four of your points above are the reasons we have seen a spike in criminal activity - not because Chuck Jenkins is a bad Sheriff.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Two points to ponder:

In the words of the greatest President of my time, "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Kevin Grubb for Sheriff
    MAJOR CRIME IN ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY INCREASED IN FREDERICK COUNTY IN 2013

Crime shot up in every category. In a statement released with the data, Frederick County Sheriff Chuck Jenkins called increases in thefts and burglaries a reflection of “similar statewide and regional trends." Is this what we want for our county and local communities?

Jenkins related the overall increase in crime to an explosion in heroin and other drug crimes in the county. "We're taking on a greater call volume," Jenkins said in a phone interview with The Frederick News-Post.

EVERY neighboring county reported a DECREASE in crime in 2013, compared with 2012.

MORE Homicides, MORE thefts, MORE Robberies, MORE Assaults, MORE stolen autos, MORE burglaries equals time for a change and NOW.

VOTE Kevin Grubb for Sheriff on June 24, 2014. We can’t afford another 4 years with no plan and accountability. Please share this post with your friends and neighbors in Frederick County.

(I realize Prince Georges County is not our neighbor, but I wanted to show you their success in 2013)

This Chart has NO Information. It is useless.
    Additionally Crime has a direct correlation to resident reaction, Not who the sheriff is.

Oh wait. What is Grubb going to do to stop the spiraling crime increases?
    I know,, I have to ask him.. LOL
    Vote Chuck Jenkins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom