• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JOESTEELER

Jul 23, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Just got a call from a gun shop they just got a sub 2000 in that i put money down on back in July. I guess my question is do i take this in Glock 40 or wait three weeks or more for the 9mm Glock verse

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Your money, your personal preference - don't know how anyone can answer for you on this one.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Either one is a good gun... The 9 is cheaper for ammo. So it would depend on what other calibers you have. If you have both calibers... Flip a coin and go with it. :party29:

AND are you SURE that the 9 WILL be there in a couple weeks? A 40 in hand is worth a crate of 9s that never show up.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    JOESTEELER said:
    Just got a call from a gun shop they just got a sub 2000 in that i put money down on back in July. I guess my question is do i take this in Glock 40 or wait three weeks or more for the 9mm Glock verse

Is the three weeks pretty definite? The 9mm's have been hard to come by. The 33 round Glock mags are a nice addition to the 9mm version. Also, there seems to be more demand for them in case you change your mind and don't want a folding rifle. I have the 9mm version, and installed their quad rail, an angled foregrip, and their stock extension.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Depends what glock you have. Have both cals get both versions.. Settled haha.. Had one never shot it, camo painted it and still sold it(in.40) ither way like or not you'll resell it if you want

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I have a .40s&w glock one, goes well with my Glock 22 and there are hi-cap mags for it as well. I find it to be a pleasant little rifle to shoot and think the difference in ammo price is minimal. Get whatever would work with whatever pistol you'll want later.

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    I say go for it. I was in the same boat.....wanted a glock 9 but wasn't interested in paying 3-4 hundred bucks in markup. Came across the .40 and snatched it up, glad I did, havent seen another since.

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    I love my G22 version, picked up a couple glock 22 rd mags for it too. You get a dang potent pistol carbine in a super light package. I even fin myself prefering it over my ar sometime...gasp. But I still lust after the G17 version for the cheaper ammo and even bigger mag capacity. Either way, you'll be happy.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Up to you, but, from an ammo supply standpoint I always see .40 in the Walmart case. You can't put aluminum cases in your Sub 2K. The .40 has more kick than the 9MM, this has been talked about on the Kel Tec forum. Many use a buffer to help mitigate the recoil. Because it hurts. From a hi cap perspective, you get 33 vs 22 in 9MM vs .40.

Match it to your existing pistol, if you have a Glock.

Sorry for the brain dump. But that is my decision tree.....

And yes I have the 9MM Glock version and love it. Goes well with my Glock 17.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Up to you, but, from an ammo supply standpoint I always see .40 in the Walmart case. You can't put aluminum cases in your Sub 2K. The .40 has more kick than the 9MM, this has been talked about on the Kel Tec forum. Many use a buffer to help mitigate the recoil. Because it hurts. From a hi cap perspective, you get 33 vs 22 in 9MM vs .40.

Match it to your existing pistol, if you have a Glock.

Sorry for the brain dump. But that is my decision tree.....

And yes I have the 9MM Glock version and love it. Goes well with my Glock 17.

A buffer to reduce recoil? Seriously? What kind of little girls run the keltec forum?

Why can't you use Aluminium cases?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There are issues with using aluminum cases in guns with straight blowback actions (ie, no locked breech).

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    A buffer to reduce recoil? Seriously? What kind of little girls run the keltec forum?

I was wondering the same thing. My then 7 year old (now 8) daughter shot my Sub in .40 when I first got it and she didn't have any complaints.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

Why can't you use Aluminium cases?

Have you fired one? I have not. So I don't know. But there is a buffer that helps. My assumption is that after a large number of rounds it starts to wear on peoples shoulders.

Regarding the cases, the manufacturer indicates that using aluminum cased ammo is bad... The gun is, after all, mostly plastic.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    i imagine shooting a 9mm or .40 out of ANYTHING the recoil wouldn't be bad enough that you need a buffer.... lol....

you need more than a buffer if it hurts your shoulder.... likely a gym membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom