• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I have one in 40. It's fun except, as noted above, tends to slap my cheek with the metal tube. I don't notice it at first, but after 10 or 20 rounds it gets increasingly annoying. Somebody makes a stick on pad that is supposed to help but I haven't tried that yet.
    I like how quiet it is shooting a pistol round from a 16 inch barrel.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I have one in 40. It's fun except, as noted above, tends to slap my cheek with the metal tube. I don't notice it at first, but after 10 or 20 rounds it gets increasingly annoying. Somebody makes a stick on pad that is supposed to help but I haven't tried that yet.
    I like how quiet it is shooting a pistol round from a 16 inch barrel.

a short strip of foam pipe insulation works also, in a pinch.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    I have the 9MM G17 Gen 2 version. I like it. Resides in a go bag. It used to be my bedside HD.
    Minimal external upgrades plus one internal upgrade which is the mcarbo stainless steel feed ramp.
    The oem plastic feed ramp worked fine but it developed some very slight chipping after I ran a mag of JHPs through it.

E67D4EBB-3F9E-48BA-AC60-EE695F647842.jpeg

085FF56E-FBE9-42A8-B492-0F16AC79C44B.jpeg

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    A Gen 1 Sub2k in .40 was the first I bought (via CDNN about a decade or so ago) accepts Glock 23 mags and it is a hoot to shoot. More than adequately accurate at 50 yards and two things struck myself and several others during initial sighting in: 1) how much of a solid and terminal “thuWHACK!” is produced by the 16” bbl; and, 2) how much quieter it is than we’d expected. (We sighted it in on a buddy’s farm at the bottom of a steep but grassy hill about 125 yards below his house and later he rode down on his atv to see if we were alright as he never heard any shooting from up, atop the hill!)

They make great travel guns, we’ve since procured 2 additional in Glock 19 9mm.

And, KelTecs $100 rebate is still going on (through end of either May or June, 2023) and guys are snapping them up for $310 - $350 AFTER the rebate!

KelTec SUB2K rebate: https://rapid-rebates.com/Keltec
    Agree with everything above except the noise. Most of my shooting one is in a valley, and it echos through there pretty good. I’m sure anyone up the ridge would hear it.

That one is Gen2 .40 Glock 23 mag version, and has the Mcarbo recoilless charging handle, recoil buffer, and bolt tube cover. The trigger could be a bit better, but with those peep sights, it’s easy hitting out to 50 yards.

Very fun, and carries well in a small range bag. That guy paid $350 OTD several years ago.

I don’t want to look is they have a 9mm Sig 235 mag version.

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    Anything objectional about them?

Did you replace them with something else or just lose interest?

I still have them. Would love to sell. Only put about 50 rounds thru each. Fun for a bit but nothing wowed me.
    They need a new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Anybody have one of these..?? I would be interested to hear comments and/or suggestions from any of you guys that have one.

I've been wanting a pistol caliber carbine for a while, and Palmetto has these at a great price plus a $100 manufacturers rebate.
    I have a 9mm version. I like shooting it. The recoil of 9mm is enjoyable. I upgraded the trigger with the MCARBO flat aluminum style. IMO the trigger was fine before that and it didn't do much for me. If you do any upgrade, do something to get a red dot on it.

I did put a laser/light on the rail which is my HD setup. That's about as much as I will mod it.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    So I take it the rear sight cannot be folded down independently of the rifle, ie. it cannot be folded down with the rifle in the open position...??

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    So I take it the rear sight cannot be folded down independently of the rifle, ie. it cannot be folded down with the rifle in the open position...??
    There's an upgrade for that too.

temccoy

Nov 13, 2020
    I have a Gen 2 in .40. Since it is a carbine, I wasn't worried about recoil. I have the M-Carbo side mount with a red dot, I would definitely recommmend it. It co-witnesses nicely with the iron sights. I bought a rubber sleeve for the stock tube, it helps to soften the cheek weld. It it fun and easy to shoot, I would recommend it. Compact, reliable, and fun to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom