• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Anybody have one of these..?? I would be interested to hear comments and/or suggestions from any of you guys that have one.

I've been wanting a pistol caliber carbine for a while, and Palmetto has these at a great price plus a $100 manufacturers rebate.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I didn't compare this with PSA's offer, but Atlantic Guns in Rockville has a similar deal going on right now.

Might be a better deal without the shipping and transfer fees.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Had one in 9, sold it.

I did not like the non-existent cheek weld. Made it very hard to shoot with the factory sights. Sure, you can add a red-dot on the factory rail, but then you can't fold it. Sure, you can buy the $170 adapter from MCarbo, but now you're adding a ton to the price to keep the folding function.

I said F it, sold the Sub2k, bought a Ruger PC Carbine instead.

The new S&W side folder looks PRETTY GOOD also.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Had one in 9, sold it.

I did not like the non-existent cheek weld. Made it very hard to shoot with the factory sights. Sure, you can add a red-dot on the factory rail, but then you can't fold it. Sure, you can buy the $170 adapter from MCarbo, but now you're adding a ton to the price to keep the folding function.

I said F it, sold the Sub2k, bought a Ruger PC Carbine instead.

The new S&W side folder looks PRETTY GOOD also.

A simple QD mount should go a long way towards fixing that, so no need for that expensive MCarbo thing.

All things considered I think it's pretty versatile and there are a lot of aftermarket options.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    A simple QD mount should go a long way towards fixing that, so no need for that expensive MCarbo thing.

All things considered I think it's pretty versatile and there are a lot of aftermarket options.

You could also use a 45 degree offset mount like this. Has to be low profile to allow it to close.

60ee66b76854b6d1fc51b9a4.jpg

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland

Sure. My buddy has one all tricked out and has about $1000 into it. Shoots about as good as my Ruger :)

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    .....there are a lot of aftermarket options.

Your buddy is a retard. :D

I mean, he did exactly what you mentioned. He bought all the aftermarket options. All the trick stuff from MCarbo. Swing out red dot mount was most expensive. Then buttpad, charging handle upgrade, mag release, etc. etc.

I dunno, I'm just not a fan of KelTecs all plastic design anymore. Sure, it can be put into action faster then my Ruger PCC. However after seeing so many pics of the receiver snapped in half, I wouldn't want one for long term. I can slap the two pieces of my Ruger together within 10 seconds after pulled from a backpack. I guess if I needed faster then that, I would look at the new S&W.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Anybody have one of these..??

A Gen 1 Sub2k in .40 was the first I bought (via CDNN about a decade or so ago) accepts Glock 23 mags and it is a hoot to shoot. More than adequately accurate at 50 yards and two things struck myself and several others during initial sighting in: 1) how much of a solid and terminal “thuWHACK!” is produced by the 16” bbl; and, 2) how much quieter it is than we’d expected. (We sighted it in on a buddy’s farm at the bottom of a steep but grassy hill about 125 yards below his house and later he rode down on his atv to see if we were alright as he never heard any shooting from up, atop the hill!)

They make great travel guns, we’ve since procured 2 additional in Glock 19 9mm.

And, KelTecs $100 rebate is still going on (through end of either May or June, 2023) and guys are snapping them up for $310 - $350 AFTER the rebate!

KelTec SUB2K rebate: https://rapid-rebates.com/Keltec

Last edited:

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I mean, he did exactly what you mentioned. He bought all the aftermarket options. All the trick stuff from MCarbo. Swing out red dot mount was most expensive. Then buttpad, charging handle upgrade, mag release, etc. etc.

I dunno, I'm just not a fan of KelTecs all plastic design anymore. Sure, it can be put into action faster then my Ruger PCC. However after seeing so many pics of the receiver snapped in half, I wouldn't want one for long term. I can slap the two pieces of my Ruger together within 10 seconds after pulled from a backpack. I guess if I needed faster then that, I would look at the new S&W.

I never mentioned anything whatsoever about spending $1K on upgrades and "trick outs". I asked for comments and suggestions from people that have one and for options for aftermarket parts.

You are not a fan of Kel-Tec's so I get that man, but please try to stay on topic.

Thanks

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    These are on deep sale at Atlantic in Rockville right now I believe. Saw an email from them the other day. I'd personally go 9mm instead of 40. More pleasant against the cheek given the design.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Nice tool works well for me. Did a few upgrades and is much better when I reload just for it. I have a QD mount for the RD. I would get another if I had the chance.
    Mine is a .40 with PX mags.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    A Gen 1 Sub2k in .40 was the first I bought (via CDNN about a decade or so ago) accepts Glock 23 mags and it is a hoot to shoot. More than adequately accurate at 50 yards and two things struck myself and several others during initial sighting in: 1) how much of a solid and terminal “thuWHACK!” is produced by the 16” bbl; and, 2) how much quieter it is than we’d expected. (We sighted it in on a buddy’s farm at the bottom of a steep but grassy hill about 125 yards below his house and later he rode down on his atv to see if we were alright as he never heard any shooting ups on top of the hill!)

They make great travel guns, we’ve since procured 2 additional in Glock 19 9mm.

And, KelTecs $100 rebate is still going on (through end of either May or June, 2023) and guys are snapping them up for $310 - $350 AFTER the rebate!

KelTec SUB2K rebate: https://rapid-rebates.com/Keltec

Thanks for your input.... :thumbsup:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    $50 under MSRP isn't "deep" but with the rebate it's worth looking still. :thumbsup:
    We're talking Montgomery County, here! Walk in, and walk out with it. No shipping, waiting, or transfer fees from Palmetto, etc, and supporting a local business that has put tons of money into much of the pro-2A MoCo/MD litigation we're all intensely following right now.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    .40 cal SUB’s can be had for around $310 right now AFTER rebate (and yes, for any cognitively challenged or emotionally deficient while there IS a Santa Claus you will still have to pay tax and your FFL transfer fee :sad20: )

- search gun.deals.com for the UPC you’re after (snatch that upc off keltecs website)

Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Rifle (GLK-G22) 40 S&W SUB-2K40G22BT15​

UPC640832004120
    MPNSUB-2K40G22BT15
    BrandKel-Tec
    ModelSub-2000 Rifle (GLK-G22)
    Caliber40 S&W

PS - I’ve ordered easily A DOZEN firearms from BattleHawk Armory to my FFL between 2020 and today and have never had so much as a hiccup.

Attachments

• 8FAEBB0F-5A85-4523-9BC3-017BFD079517.png
      8FAEBB0F-5A85-4523-9BC3-017BFD079517.png
      128.8 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads