• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I'd love to have the M&P version of the Sub2k! I'm guessing the odds of actually finding one are similar to the recent powerball or being struck by lightning though.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Had heard rumors of an xdm magged sub2k. Would have been nice if that was one of the optional adapters, but I guess I'll just stick with glock for now...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, wait a second. You could already switch the Sub-2000 between 92 and 226 mags by just swapping the mag catch (incidentally, that sold for $10). While I applaud the marketing maneuver, it's not really a new product. If they had it so you could swap the entire grip to/from Glock mags, yeah, that would be pretty awesome... but I don't think that's what they did.

I am also not impressed by the KSG-NR... NFA KSGs are really not hard to get, and part of the charm of the KSG was always the large mag capacity. If they had finally come out with the alternating feed version of the KSG, that would have been huge news... makes me wonder why they didn't.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Well, wait a second. You could already switch the Sub-2000 between 92 and 226 mags by just swapping the mag catch (incidentally, that sold for $10). While I applaud the marketing maneuver, it's not really a new product. If they had it so you could swap the entire grip to/from Glock mags, yeah, that would be pretty awesome... but I don't think that's what they did.

I know the gen1 was like that, it did it remain that easy to swap with the gen2?

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Had heard rumors of an xdm magged sub2k. Would have been nice if that was one of the optional adapters, but I guess I'll just stick with glock for now...

XDM mags fit pretty well in a SUB 2K that uses glock mags. I think it would be possible to add an additional mag catch notch on the Xdm mag in the glock position. I never went as far as to try adding the notch. have a glock and plenty of glock mags but the geometry of the 2 are really close.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    XDM mags fit pretty well in a SUB 2K that uses glock mags. I think it would be possible to add an additional mag catch notch on the Xdm mag in the glock position. I never went as far as to try adding the notch. have a glock and plenty of glock mags but the geometry of the 2 are really close.

I have plenty of xdm mags. I'll have to do a little experimenting :brows:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This one won't change from Glock mags to M&P mags or vica versa, either.

The Sub-2000 Multi Mag accepts Smith & Wesson M&P magazines as well as Beretta 92 and SIG 226 magazines with adapter kits.

Speaking of which, if someone designed a handgun that could use multiple kinds of mags with no mag catch switching, that would be pretty neat.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    why are they building state compliant guns when you cant even find their normal stuff

Right, new stuff you can't even get current stuff.

Because they have changed their production method. New molding methods, for the polymer parts, require less time to produce each firearm. They no longer need to hand tool and trim every individual piece as it leaves the mold. The increase in production is expected to remedy the production lag problem. The new stuff will actually be easier to get because of this.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This one won't change from Glock mags to M&P mags or vica versa, either.

Speaking of which, if someone designed a handgun that could use multiple kinds of mags with no mag catch switching, that would be pretty neat.

Well in that case nothing is new. The Gen 1 has that capability too. Other than the Glock model.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've seen plenty of KSGs around, and a quick check on teh Gunbrokerz reveals RFBs at < $1500. I think they're getting a handle on the production issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom