• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I have decided if I catch someone breaking into my house, they will suffer greatly. I won't waste the ammo (or lawyer expenses) to shoot them, I am going to tie them up and force them to live/pay taxes/drive in rush hour/have your votes be meaningless and then force them to try and buy a handgun from a Md. FFL who won't do 8-day release.
    If that does cure them of a life of crime, I'll shoot them in the knee and make them use OBAMA Care.

You are a very cruel man... :lol2:

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I'd leave a note on the door.

Hey shitbag. I'm not picking up your water bottles anymore. Doesn't mean I'm not home. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Come in and find out.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Well, went to Lowes and spent a little money on a motion light for the back yard (in addition to the 4 on the front of the house) and a new deadbolt for the back door that keys on both sides (no breaking the glass and reaching through to unlock the door). Both installed now.

The local PD called my wife back to let her know that they'll be running patrols through our neighborhood and down our street specifically 3 times a day. So that's good.

Now I think its time for dinner, cooked with my good friends Smith and Wesson on my hip. :)

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Well, went to Lowes and spent a little money on a motion light for the back yard (in addition to the 4 on the front of the house) and a new deadbolt for the back door that keys on both sides (no breaking the glass and reaching through to unlock the door). Both installed now.

The local PD called my wife back to let her know that they'll be running patrols through our neighborhood and down our street specifically 3 times a day. So that's good.

Now I think its time for dinner, cooked with my good friends Smith and Wesson on my hip. :)

:thumbsup:

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    That's a little scary. Do thieves normally put in that much work to rob one house? What do our local LEO's think about this?

bkonschak

Apr 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    A friend of mine lives in PG county. Someone stole his AC unit while he was at work one day.

They just drove up and acted like they were working on it and cut the connections and left with it.

If they left a water bottle on the AC unit they were probably checking it out to see if it is easy to steal.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    A friend of mine lives in PG county. Someone stole his AC unit while he was at work one day.

They just drove up and acted like they were working on it and cut the connections and left with it.

If they left a water bottle on the AC unit they were probably checking it out to see if it is easy to steal.

sad thing is it was prob sold for scrap copper...:sad20:

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Cameras

There are wifi cameras that can be used with your wireless internet.

Yeah, a security system and cameras are next on the home improvement list. They just have to wait a bit. Fundage has been tight lately.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    That's a little scary. Do thieves normally put in that much work to rob one house? What do our local LEO's think about this?

Dunno. They might see it as a prime location though. End of a cudesac on a street with no through traffic. Backs up to some woods adjacent to public property.

We've had issues with people snooping around who aren't supposed to be here before so sadly, I'm not terribly surprised.

Also, the detective told my wife that they are seeing a marked increase in crime in our section, and that they've been seeing this type of activity a lot lately.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    This story makes me appreciate my Rottweiler's more and more. They are also great for greeting jehovah's witness's too.

We've got a Basset Hound (small dog, big voice) and a Belgian Mallinois. Sadly, our Belgian lost a leg to bone cancer. But he's still very protective and more than capable of ruining someone's day.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Sounds like you need a few MD Shooters stickers for the front and back doors and a few windows...

Not smart. A good idea is to put up stickers or signs that say the property is under 24-hour remote video surveillance. If they see one of those signs, they will never be back.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom