• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    You all didnt really think kommiefornia wouldnt go full retard did you?

This shits just getting old and out of hand. As bad as it sounds, people died...who cares. People die everyday from other shit and noone does anything about it.

ericgunn

Feb 21, 2013
    Makes me sick! We have to be careful that could be the next step in Maryland in future years if we don't vote this libs out of office.

Dec 31, 2012
    Makes me sick! We have to be careful that WILL be the next step in Maryland in future years if we don't vote this libs out of office.
    FIFY

Register as a Democrat and turn over the seat holders in the primary. Send a message. In most districts you will make no difference voting as anything but a Democrat in the primary.
    I've given up my unaffiliated status and will be voting against incumbents in the primary.

Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    One of many many many many reasons why I moved back to MD!!! I hear a LOT of us expressing unhappiness with SB281, myself being one of them, but it could be much much worse!!!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    One of many many many many reasons why I moved back to MD!!! I hear a LOT of us expressing unhappiness with SB281, myself being one of them, but it could be much much worse!!!

****Yes, it could be worse but look at how QUICKLY the latest liberal grab towards gun control has occurred in MD. We are quickly becoming an east coast California without the nice weather and not quite so much debt YET.

ericgunn

Feb 21, 2013
    FIFY

Register as a Democrat and turn over the seat holders in the primary. Send a message. In most districts you will make no difference voting as anything but a Democrat in the primary.
    I've given up my unaffiliated status and will be voting against incumbents in the primary.
    I have a question about that. Since I'm in Carroll County does it benefit to switch to democrat? I can't imagine it does because our delegates are all pro-gun and republicans. Just curious because since this gun bill came into existence I never followed politics before. Now I'm all about it!

Dec 31, 2012
    I have a question about that. Since I'm in Carroll County does it benefit to switch to democrat? I can't imagine it does because our delegates are all pro-gun and republicans. Just curious because since this gun bill came into existence I never followed politics before. Now I'm all about it!

Welcome to the political fun.
    It may not be needed in all areas. Seems you are happy with what you have so carry on.
    It would give you the option to vote in statewide democratic primaries for AG, Governor but at the cost of your vote in the local primary.

If you are unhappy with the voting record of your representatives then consider what is the most effective way to replace them. In many places the only option is to beat them in the primary before they get to the general election where they are often sure to win. This means replacing them with a member of the same party but the point here is to replace them and make it known to the next seat holder that they are not untouchable.

http://www.freestatedinos.com/

I guess overall, I don't care about party, only about removing long standing incumbents. Entrenched power brokers are a bane to the system.

If you shoot, then you should vote.
    Even if you don't shoot, then you should still vote.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Made it out of committee. Set for hearing May 6. Do pass and re-refer to Com. on APPR. (Ayes 5. Noes 2.)

Where do you think SB281 came from, it's right out of CALIFORNIA LAW... and guess what, it will be coming here next year... watch and see.

(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
    (1) A semiautomatic, rimfire or centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept 10 rounds or fewer.
    (2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
    (3) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:​

(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
    (B) A second handgrip.
    (C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
    (D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
    (4) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
    (5) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
    (B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
    (6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
    (7) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    They also get to register their previously unregistered "assault weapons" with fixed magazines apparently as well!!! Yes, they need a DINO movement!

(c) A person who, between January 1, 2001, and prior to January 1, 2014, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined in Section 30515 and including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, shall register the firearm by July 1, 2014, with the department pursuant to procedures determined by the department.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    So unintended consequences of this stupidity... Think about it, they banned assault weapons, and NOW they are reclassifying nearly everything as an assault weapon.

LMAO, they are going to essentially make legal modifications to EVERY rifle that was in a ban configuration to now become anything the owner initially wanted. He doesn't need a bullet button anymore, he has a registered assault weapon.

OMG. I don't think they thought this through very well. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom